Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pics of the new Ford Mondeo coz I've seen a pic of the back of the car and its looking very like a mazda6.... Please tell that it won't be a Mazda6 clone like all the other ford models E.g. Protege 323 and Ford Laser...

·
Registered
334 Posts
Reading Topic: Attack of the Clones

actually the bak looks more like a merc clone ;) with rear lights shape like IS200 ones
http://www.cardesignnews.com/events/paris2...es/ford-mondeo/

but really .. u gotta admit that Mazda6 follows IS200's style path .. i mean the rear lights style .. and also the antenna ... which was positioned in the middle too ...

and also IS200 got that rear light cover too hehehe

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

But the Lexus still looks like it want to be a Mercedes. IMHO the clear lights don't fit the Lexus as well as the 6 (though I admit your point, the antenna and lights on the 6 may very well be "taken" from the IS200). But look at the large Lexus.. what's it called? 430? That is a clear Mercedes rip off! A Japanes car for the american market with european styling :)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

And those ligth masks are available to almost any car these days. Even the Audi TT has a them (third party but anyway..).

Though - the IS200 is still on heck of a car. Good looking and fast :) But I'd rather have a real Altezza. Sounds cooler :)

The new Mondeo was strange - Merc lights as you said. But it looks like someone poked a hole in them or something... Those lights could have a nicer shape then flashlight round...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I've seen the lights of the mondeo and i know it doesn't look like the mazda6 but i'm talking about is the over shape and is it based on the mazda6?
note the wheel arches...
i think a side view and front view will be more convincing

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

ok sorry guys i just went to website and saw the overall form of the mondeo and looks much less like a mazda6... but u gotta understand my fear as we should know about the past btn ford and mazda.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

Does anyone have pics of the new Ford Mondeo coz I've seen a pic of the back of the car and its looking very like a mazda6....[/b]
you're kidding right...? The Mazda6 is a sporty design, the Mondeo really isn't

·
Registered
683 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Attack of the Clones'

Anyone have any pictures of the front of the car?

·
Registered
51 Posts

I thought M6 and Mondeo share the same platform. Soon, so will the next gen Jaguar X Type and next gen American Ford Taurus (renamed to 400).

Ford is going to squeez every penny out of this platform.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Isn't the Mazda6 platform loosely based on the current Mondeo platfrom and not the other way around? It does have some new engineering technologies which will be introduced in the new C1 (next gen Focus, Mazda3, Volvo S40) platform. Also the next Mondeo will be on a stretched version of the C1 platform. The current Mondeo has ben out longer than the 6. As far as the X-Type platform someone mentioned, Jaguar will eventually drop the Mondeo platform it uses for a Jag specific platform that it will share with the S-Type.

·
Registered
178 Posts

not even close man. I am drunk and do not think they look the same. I do love the headrest in the ford. I would take that as a option. You know you are a big pimp when you can watch a bugs life in the back seat.:D

·
Registered
980 Posts

The more I look at the pics the more I see of the similarites to the IS200/300. It's all good though the 6 is still a great looker.
BTW I too would also love those headrest as an option.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts