1 - 20 of 499 Posts

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
400hp to 600!! Dayum

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just called them. They have no release info or pricing as of yet....or ready to release. They said to check back in a couple weeks.

Stock manifold. Interesting.

B

·
0 Posts
That is awesome news. A GT2871R on the 2.3L engine will have awesome response and make 350whp.

I have passed this on to the MS3 guys, as that is what I have.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Just called them. They have no release info or pricing as of yet....or ready to release. They said to check back in a couple weeks.

Stock manifold. Interesting.
[/b]
just called them as well!! they said the same thing.. couple of weeks

i would really like to see that coming very very interesting for the market

·
Registered
434 Posts
george from atp jus came by my shop this afternoon with everything installed. exept tuning. =].... too bad i dun have a speed6 im so jealous

·
Registered
434 Posts
hhes the owner of atp, before i could ask him, he went back to dyno it. the FMIC is tilted upwards and was pretty high up so they didnt have to cut into the bumper, he did mention that hes gonna be at sema though.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
As long as you keep the same boost levels there should be any issues...

GT35R.... amazing.... where do I sign?

More air + No tuning = Zoom Zoom Boom
[/b]
Who said anything about more air?

·
Registered
103 Posts
As long as you keep the same boost levels there should be any issues...

GT35R.... amazing.... where do I sign?
Who said anything about more air?
[/b]

Errr, doesn't matter if the boost level is the same. Bigger turbo at same boost level could flow more air.

More air means you need more fuel...

But isn't their a fuel piggyback available?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Errr, doesn't matter if the boost level is the same. Bigger turbo at same boost level could flow more air.

More air means you need more fuel...

But isn't their a fuel piggyback available?
[/b]

same boost = same air flow

15.6 psi from our shitty K04 is just the same as 15.6 psi from at GT3076. I't may be cooler and be a little more dense, but it's not going to destroy your motor.

I think it would work fine as long as you had a good boost controller and a wideband. Just watch your AFR's and play with the boost until you get something around 11.5 to 1 at WOT . Now doing it that way definatly wouldn't make as much power as having a real tuning solution, but it would probably make alot more than stock and be completly safe.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Help me out with something here, if you have a pipe and you put the same air pressure into one end of it, aren't you going to get the same airflow thru it? A larger turbo will be cooler at the same PSI, allowing you to either run more boost or a less restrictive intercooler, but the same PSI should give the same air flow, should give the same power?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Nevermind... It's late and I need to go to bed...

Here..

The fact that a larger turbo can flow 500 cfm at 15 psi and that a smaller turbo can only flow 400 cfm at 15 psi does not mean the larger turbo can actually flow any more air than the smaller one into the engine at 15 psi plenum pressure. To have higher effective volume airflow, boost pressure must be increased. So what is really important is how much air the turbo will flow at these higher-pressure ratios and this is revealed only in the compressor flow maps and not in the common performance ratings.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
It will be interesting to see what comes of this. I wonder if this will be a better option than the cp-e turbo upgrade?
[/b]

I don;t know that you could really call one "better" than the other. They have different design goals.

CP-E=moderate power increase ~300 whp, moderate cost, invisible to dealer
ATP= much higher numbers ~350 and up, probably much higher cost, bye-bye warantee

Both should be good products.

1 - 20 of 499 Posts