Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me:
Hi, i was wondering, do you guys have/coming up with ePOD for mazda6? Thanks.

ATI rep.:
Hi Tim,

The answer is a definite yes!! It should be ready in 2 weeks!!

Pete
[/b]
i emailed them today and this is what i got...

and now i m asking for more details about the pricing and such..

More details about this product:

ATI ezPod <-- click here
ATI ePod <-- click here

This is for ePOD(direct replacement of steering column) AND the ezPod(overlay?):
# Rotational positioning for custom viewing *unless noted otherwise
# Universal kits for housing BOTH 52mm AND 60mm gauges
# Integrated Cable Management System (CMS)
# Precision injected molded construction
# High impact ABS plastic
# Quality fit and finish
# UV additives for protection
# Simple and easy installation

I have an article about the founder for ePod, i'll try to scan it sometimes...

EDIT: Here are the pics of the epod, i find the texture and color match our interior... and i'll have pics of it when i received mine, meanwhile, anybody interested? i will try to talk to the epod's rep and see if they can give us better price for a GB...

Oh, btw, it does look weird when it's not installed yet, but i like it because it really doesnt block up the view for the important stuffs on our speedo...

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I doubt it would be like their MINI ePod, more like the WRX one which is a center pod like the Lotek.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Presumably because it's ABS plastic as opposed to fiberglass, and it will probably be a different design?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
UPDATE:

ATI rep.:
Well, it's part of our new EZ Pod product line and the retail prices are going to be $45-50!!

Pete

Me:
Oh, nice !! so what's the difference between ePod and EZPOD?

ATI rep.:
The EZ Pod is an overlay that maintains many of the ePod features. The ePod is a complete direct fit replacement of the steering column. You can look at our website and see the Mazda 3 EZ Pod which is a good example.

Pete
[/b]
Those are the replies...and i dont think it's for the center.... the mazda3's has the steering column...

oh, and also, most of their ePOD fits 52-60mm gauges... so that's why i prefer it... i love the defi bf...

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what about the stock gauges?
[/b]
go check out the 1st page, i've edited for more info....

and i think u should check it out in some show cars... actually they more functional than looks... they designed them so that u can always see the gauges without endangering ur life i think...

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
The Mazda3 pod that they say that it's like looks kinda dumb IMHO:

The only thing even remotely useful in that weird spot would be a Boost gauge. And Defi BF gauges kick ass, but it's not worth it for just one because the control computer cost is too great. It's okay when spread over 3+ gauges, but an extra $150 on top of a $200 gauge is a bit excessive for a single gauge that'll look out of place.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Mazda3 pod that they say that it's like looks kinda dumb IMHO:

The only thing even remotely useful in that weird spot would be a Boost gauge. And Defi BF gauges kick ass, but it's not worth it for just one because the control computer cost is too great. It's okay when spread over 3+ gauges, but an extra $150 on top of a $200 gauge is a bit excessive for a single gauge that'll look out of place.
[/b]
mazda3's instrument cluster only comes with 3 huge gauge i believe, the center one is the RPM, and the left one is the speedometer.... so i guess that's why they make it that way...

eh?? extra 150? u mean the defi bf is retailed at 150? dont know that... but

seriously, getting a custom gauge pod + defi bf compare to 45-50 gauge pod + defi bf would differ a lot..... IMO...

i like the lotek, but they only fit 52mm, so it wouldnt come near to defi bf, even if u mod the lotek, it wouldnt look that nice.. IMO

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sorry to be a dummy, but why would you need one of these? What other guages would you want to install?

I'm confused..

:)

mazda3's instrument cluster only comes with 3 huge gauge i believe, the center one is the RPM, and the left one is the speedometer.... so i guess that's why they make it that way...

eh?? extra 150? u mean the defi bf is retailed at 150? dont know that... but

seriously, getting a custom gauge pod + defi bf compare to 45-50 gauge pod + defi bf would differ a lot..... IMO...

i like the lotek, but they only fit 52mm, so it wouldnt come near to defi bf, even if u mod the lotek, it wouldnt look that nice.. IMO
[/b]

·
Registered
856 Posts
I purchased my Defi BF boost gauge and control box for about $330, not cheap by any means. Defi BF gauges are larger than gauges mounted in typical pods.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
About this Discussion
49 Replies
21 Participants
Mazda6sMtx
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing