Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm trying to get the "Atenza" ornament. I think it would look nice on a european Mazda6. :D I contacted a japanese Mazda dealer for this, who directed me to Mazda Japan. Mazda Japan referred to the local dealers in Germany, where I could order those ornaments. I quote:

"Regarding the ornament "Atenza", you can order it from Mazda dealers in your area, with either of the following parts numbers. These parts numbers are for the ornaments, which have been established for Japan spec. Atenza.

For Atenza, Sedan Type: G22B-51-721
For Atenza, Wagon Type: G21B-51-721A"

Somehow this doesn't make sense to me. Why should I be able to order a signage that was supposed to be for the japanese market in Germany? Duh! It would have been easier, if the japanese dealer would have ordered that thing and have had it sent to me and charged me for it.

Is there anyone out there from Japan who could order this thing for me? Please, anybody?:(

Otherwise I'd have to contact Mazda Germany and I'm pretty sure that they would refer to Mazda Japan.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Atenza ornament...how do I gonna get it???'

Badges...we don't need no stinkin' badges! Vamonos!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

The Atenza badge on the right part of the trunk in the Japanese versions of the 6 is only fitted in Japan. But I'm quite sure that Mazda has a worldwide parts catalogue. Meaning that this badge is available through proper Mazda channels world-wide. As is probably all other parts also.

The only thing you may not be able to order is things like the shorter bumpers for US (because they may not be street legal).

Those numbers you got - take them to your dealer and check them up. They have electronic parts catalalogues and can show you the picture of those items.

·
Registered
81 Posts

speaking of badges
i want to have a atenza badge place at my mazda 6 trunk??
does anyone know where i could get it in australia
or is there someone out there hate it and wanna throw out one??
hehehe :p

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Replying to Topic 'A

Badge, sign, label, ornament....whatever you want to call it. I attached a picture of the badge that I want to have changed. It's the one at the back of the car. Guess I'll have to contact my local dealer then. ;)

·
Registered
355 Posts

But I'm quite sure that Mazda has a worldwide parts catalogue. Meaning that this badge is available through proper Mazda channels world-wide. As is probably all other parts also.[/b]
Unfortunately not true. This depends so much on the local car dealer's willingness on seeing trouble with this kind of "small things" and even MORE on the import company's strategy - meaning how well they want to meet customers every single need, or are they there just order those ready packets they have fixed and not willing to see any extra trouble which is not in their specs.

Believe me, I have experiences with the "Sports Grill", contancted many countries about it (after bounding my head here in Finland). With any European country I didn't have luck. But from almoust any Asian country I could imagine they were available, and that's where I ordered it...

If you order this part from a local Japanese car dealer, if you are lucky and get a nice one who speaks english, you wouldn't have any trouble ordering this part (I believe - can't be sure of this part thought).

These import items list might be fixed later, after the import company gets more demands on certain parts. But in my case the only option was to order it straight from Asia... Maybe 2 years later I could buy/order this and other parts from local dealer, but who can wait?

·
Registered
81 Posts

hey driver6
thats the badge we have in australia
i kinda reckon its boring but... other dont i guess:p
do u have a pic of the badge use in germany ?

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

@WhiteStallion,

we got the same badge as you guys in Australia. Here it's called Mazda6 as well. I guess we got the same thing in mind. Getting rid of the 6er badge and get the nice Atenza one :D

Does everyone just want to "be a number"? Nooooooooo way. :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts