Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed6 GT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2006 Mazdaspeed 6, and if you didnt know, has a transmission mounted to the side. I want to plan a future engine swap, but the engine in particular has a Longitudinal based transmission. I know for a fact that it will be a pain in my ass to pull it off, and nobody has ever done this before (A.K.A f***load of fabrication). But my question is should I even take the time to try and figure this out or will i just be throwing money to a lost cause. Btw I'm debating a twin turbo, 13b swap, keeping the AWD drivetrain (May need to be swapped as well). Something about a rotary powered, awd rally car, screaming down the road sound really appealing to me.

·
Registered
2016 6
455 Posts
As amazing as this idea sounds it's going to take a lot of time and money but if you've got that than anything is possible. You will definitely have to fabricate a shit load of parts like mounts and cooling pipes as well the whole front suspension may have to be adjusted for the loss in weight on the front wheels. There's a lot to keep in mind when venturing into unknown territories lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As amazing as this idea sounds it's going to take a lot of time and money but if you've got that than anything is possible. You will definitely have to fabricate a shit load of parts like mounts and cooling pipes as well the whole front suspension may have to be adjusted for the loss in weight on the front wheels. There's a lot to keep in mind when venturing into unknown territories lol
Exactly why im planning it out now instead of just jumping into it. I actually just got done dropping an OEM engine in so it'll be a while before anything happens. It'll give me time to plan, measure, run numbers, etc. I think the fact that 13b's are relatively smaller than most piston engines will help me in the long run. I actually DM'ed Aaron Parker from donut to see if i can get any advice for the build 😅

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not wasting anything. Have seen countless thread like this over many years on many different cars. Once the originator learns that their fantasy will cost $30,000-50,000 the excitement over the idea plummets to zero and it never happens. Prove me wrong with your project and I'll be the first to apologize.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not wasting anything. Have seen countless thread like this over many years on many different cars. Once the originator learns that their fantasy will cost $30,000-50,000 the excitement over the idea plummets to zero and it never happens. Prove me wrong with your project and I'll be the first to apologize.
Ill hold you to it✌

·
Rally Racer
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon ATX
3,586 Posts
A 13b swap in a month? I am still trying to get my headlamp lenses swapped and that he's been 4 months since I bought them. Next month for sure 🤞
Glad I haven't mentioned it until now...
I did however vacuum it and I get that done in a month so that's good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts