Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased an atenza badge from bignoze and i was just wondering where does one generally put theres, isnt atenza the name of our car outside the u.s, where does these cars have theres. i was thining of puttin it where a V6 badge would be if i had a V6 but i dont so should i just put it there..

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Wifey doesn't want me to remove the 6 so I'm gonna try it with it still on. Now, that I've had a good look at it, I'm leaning her way on this. Yes, I know I'm going to get blasted by you all, but there aren't too many ppl around here that will know the diff.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
The way I look at it is it's all about personality. :)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is how it is elsewhere outside the u.s looks like japan license plate of something i like this but dont feel like removing the "6"?

Wifey doesn't want me to remove the 6 so I'm gonna try it with it still on. Now, that I've had a good look at it, I'm leaning her way on this. Yes, I know I'm going to get blasted by you all, but there aren't too many ppl around here that will know the diff.[/b]
I think im gonna go this route also i cna always remove the 6 later.. I know im the type thats always looking for instructions but how do i put this on the same way i did with my sharkfin..

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
^^If you bought it used, you'll have to use double-sided tape (and I'd recommend the 3M accellerant to help with the bonding) and stick it to a clean surface.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^If you bought it used, you'll have to use double-sided tape (and I'd recommend the 3M accellerant to help with the bonding) and stick it to a clean surface.[/b]
I bought it new, it has the tape already just clean the surface, line it up and press hard for 1 minute...? good.?

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Sounds good. If you are someplace where it is cold, it might be worth your time to heat up the surface with a blow-drier.[/b]

OK this bugs the crap outta me...this blow dryer method! :irate: I mean come on who in this world has an extension cord that damn long to operate one of those things! For the people that don't have outdoor outlets! :nana:

sorry..../end rant :slap: :yesnod:

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
I bought it new, it has the tape already just clean the surface, line it up and press hard for 1 minute...? good.?[/b]

The adhesive tape that's already on the Atenza badge should work just fine in cold temps. I was in the low 40's when I put my chrome handles on and they are holdin' up great.

That 3M tape is awesome...

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
If it's new then yeah, the tape will definitely hold. Just make sure you clean the surface of the car before you apply it and make double sure it's EXACTLY where you want it before you press on it. :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
I took my Mazda emblem off on the left side and kept the 6. Mhmm I'm still thinking how to approach this. Any suggestions? I shuold be receiving my Atenza badge t-minus.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
I took my Mazda emblem off on the left side and kept the 6. Mhmm I'm still thinking how to approach this. Any suggestions? I shuold be receiving my Atenza badge t-minus.[/b]
Put the mazda back on?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Put the mazda back on?[/b]
I still have it actually. Problem is, behind it, there seems to be no clear coat? IDK maybe the car was painted previously to my buying. It did need a new trunk.. Possibly bring it to a local body shop and get that cleaned up.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
I still have it actually. Problem is, behind it, there seems to be no clear coat? IDK maybe the car was painted previously to my buying. It did need a new trunk.. Possibly bring it to a local body shop and get that cleaned up.[/b]
Not having clear on the mazda emblem doesn't sound like a prob. You'll have to put tap on it, anyway.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.