Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new at MAZDA world.
I am trying to sell my 09 MAZDA6 i stock alloy 17" wheels and tires.
What price should I ask for??
Need to get a general idea...

only 12K on them, tires are good, no damage, minor scratch on wheels, not very noticable.
is $400 reasonable?

Thank you for your time and opinion..:p

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am looking for alloys for my 06' mazda 6i, but I am not sure if the ones you have will work.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
well i can add to this even more. picked up a set of rx8 18's last night. only paid $200 bux!

now i have two sets of oem mazda 17's, a set of mazdaspeed3 18's, and a set of mazda rx8 18's. :) (and thats not including the aftermarket wheels i own)

and pretty much any mazda wheel thats a 5 lug can work. people have been swapping between them since the different models have been coming out. rims will usually always work. if anything, you might need to adjust tire sizing though. but that should be expected.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cuz I have Enkei rs7 and Toyo prox4 tires, I don't need the stock any more. ( the stock have a thread number of 440, too high.)
Don't want to waste my storage room for useless tires..( I have a set of 19" blizzak snow tires and wheels for my G35 in storage.)

and I am wondering why ppl buy rx8 wheels for their mazda6??? big difference?

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
there an inch bigger. lol. i just prefer the look of OEM mazda wheels myself. id love to get ahold of a set of the newer 19in rx8 wheels. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well lets put it this way... I bought steelies for my winters for about $60 each... I think $250 wouldn't be a bad starting price point.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ok let's be for real for a minute here. No one can "actually" tell you how much to sell your wheels for. That's a decision you make on your own then take it from there. That's one thought. The other is google Mazda 17" oem wheels. Check out the price that other people & places are selling theirs for and go from there. That's how I decided on a fair price to pay for my 18" oem wheels. Plus go back through the forums and check out previous threads. There is a lot info in there. Go luck!!!!!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
$300 for 18" oem with tires. WOW!!!!!! Shipping was included right.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
^
was a craigslist find. had to drive like 45 min away to get them. the 18in rx8's i got for $200 were about 10 min from my house. was even in the same town.

·
Registered
68 Posts
well i can add to this even more. picked up a set of rx8 18's last night. only paid $200 bux!

now i have two sets of oem mazda 17's, a set of mazdaspeed3 18's, and a set of mazda rx8 18's. :) (and thats not including the aftermarket wheels i own)

and pretty much any mazda wheel thats a 5 lug can work. people have been swapping between them since the different models have been coming out. rims will usually always work. if anything, you might need to adjust tire sizing though. but that should be expected.

:headscrat:Can I just ask, why so many wheels. I mean I can understand wanting to upgrade & change the look of your car, but 5 or 6 sets of wheels in your possession & looking to buy more. 2 sets of oem 17's. I think I'd sell ALL OF THEM just to try to afford those 19's that's on the new R3 RX8. Something like $2000 plus per wheel I've heard.

Also doesn't the older RX8 wheel look mysteriously similar to 5 spoke 18" wheel on the Mazda 3? Just wondering why everyone we're (are) breaking their necks for the RX8 wheel when you have that 3 option. They look just as good.

Just my opinion, thought & observation.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have the same question too... Why do people price the RX8 5 spokes soooo highly?!?!? It's not like they are light weight or anything... I mean it's a clean design and all but I've seen people selling RX8 wheels for $700 or $800... To me that's just wayyyy too high for those wheels...

Ironic because I paid $1600 for my Enkei RPF01 LOL

·
Registered
68 Posts
To me that's too much to pay for a standard 5 spoke design to look like everyone else. Just because Mazda didn't make these stock on our car. I'm not so much for sameness & looking like everyone else. Sure I have stock oem wheels on my car. From the '09 Mazda 6 GT that is. They were PVD chromed for a dealer for a customer who didn't want them anymore. Look 'em up when you get a chance. $1500-$2000 a set depending where you get them. I got them on the low low cheap because dealer was getting rid of them. Anyway don't even like chrome, but an oem wheel, 18" with the proper offset, and no fender rolling needed. Guaranteed to fit. New. What more do you want???? The world?:huh:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
:headscrat:Can I just ask, why so many wheels. I mean I can understand wanting to upgrade & change the look of your car, but 5 or 6 sets of wheels in your possession & looking to buy more. 2 sets of oem 17's.
i own 7 cars, 4 of them being mazda's. ;) the 6 isnt my only car. plus when your paying the cheap prices i am, why not? i bought the MS3 wheels just cause i needed tires, and spent less on the rims, with brand new rubber, then i would have spent putting new tires on my stock 17's. lol. the rx8 wheels i got just cause the price of them. i could double my money posting them up on here. (if i wanted to sell them) but i plan on just saving up, and tossing some nice tires on them, and putting them on my 6, then taking the MS3 wheels off the 6, and using those on my 626gt, or my probe gt turbo. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
OK well that explains it a little more then. Just making a statement bragging about how many sets of wheels you have just seemed a little far of beat to me. But with that many different cars, more power to ya. Have enough problems dealing with the 1's that I have.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts