Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know much about cars, so I thought I'd post here to gain some insight into a problem I've been having lately. I have an '04 Mazda6 with an automatic transmission--its a top of the line model.

My check engine light has been on for months now, and on 4 occasions during the past 3 weeks, without warning, 3 lights turn on: AT, TCS OFF, and the Traction light (the one on the right side of AT), and the car begins to lose power. Upon applying the brakes, it slows down to about 5-7 km/h, and then it begins to jump forward, and never comes to a complete stop unless I shift it into neutral and turn the ignition off. I then restart it, and the problem goes away.

I know I should take it in (going through a divorce so I have limited resources), but I would like some ideas first so I don't go into the shop blind.

Any insight into this problem is appreciated :)

·
Registered
684 Posts
First thing i would do is bring it in to autozone and get the code read. That will point you in the right direction. Most places will read it for free. Unless you are in CA and they have stopped doing it all together.

SO get the code and post it up.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am having the same problem. Sometimes without warning AT and TCS AND Traction light comes on, the car starts jumping back and forth, rpm needle jumps and I have to stop the car. After turning it back on, there are no problems until the next time this happens. Were you able to resolve your problem? An update would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did any get an answer to this?

I am having the same problem. Sometimes without warning AT and TCS AND Traction light comes on, the car starts jumping back and forth, rpm needle jumps and I have to stop the car. After turning it back on, there are no problems until the next time this happens. Were you able to resolve your problem? An update would be appreciated.
I'm having the identical problem, however my speedometer and odometer stop working also. Without warning it toggles on and of with no frequency. The dealer says it's a communications issue( based on codes) and not a drive train issue. They said it could be a short or a bad module. I would really appreciate a push in the right direction, thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am experiencing a similar concern......driving along, the vehicle maintained speed, the AT & CEL lights came on, trans shifted from 5th to 3rd. Turn car off and back on AT light off CEL light on and ticking noise at 2,000-3,000rpm. I believe it may be a shift solenoid, going to read codes tomorrow. Does anyone out there have an answer? Also, going to call my trans guy to see if he knows.....

The wife drives the 6, so it hasn't been over revved. We just got back (2 weeks ago) from driving it to New York and back with no issues....just in case that may be relevant.

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
As stated already,charging issues will cause the funny problems. I.E 3 gear limp mode and whatnot. Scan the ECU for codes and check the ALT. GL

·
Registered
4 Posts
GL,

Will do! Thanks! Funny thing about electronics today.....you never know what they will do to a car!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again!

Pete

·
Registered
7 Posts
A Resolution

Anyone have any resolution on this?
Thanks.
Well, I finally had to come up with a resolution for my AT and CEL light coming on. Thursday night car went casters up.
Will post codes from ECM tomorrow, as I forgot them this morning.
Bottom line was the throttle body.
At last it buzzed when the ignition was turned on.
Would start and the AT light came on immediately.
Turn off and restart and appeared to be alright.
Also both fans were out.
Car used to surge a little when in cruise control also.
Picked up a used T Body for about $125 and fans for another $100.
Labor=? as friend did all the work at his car lot shop.
Installed left headlights while disassembled also.
Runs like a new car now.
As stated will try and post codes tomorrow.
There were 5 originally, and then he reset, we restarted the car and got three(3 of original five) immediately.
All pointed to Throttle Body.

·
Registered
4 Posts
P0715 code in mine....TSS Sensor. Light is out, reset codes, no light and no problem! Ordered a new sensor....from a FORD dealer, the Fusion uses the same trans and the part is cheaper than that at the MAZDA dealer.......

·
Registered
1 Posts
P2135

My 2003 Mazda6 been giving me a P2135 code lately. Got 142,000 miles on it. AT & CEL & TCS lights comes on while driving. i just shift to Neutral,shut off the car & restart & drive on. think it's the Tb, Mazda dealer quoted me $481 for a new one. ouch! cruise control is surging on mine too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
P2135 Plus

I'd vote for the throttle body.
Mine went casters up and just found the sheet with the codes on it last night, but remember the P2135 as the first one.
I got one at a salvage yard($126).
At the end the TB would just click and misbehave.
I'll try and remember to post the whole list tomorrow.
There were five when car went casters up and then three immediately after clearing the first five and trying to restart.
Hopefully the two sets will be helpful to others who have this problem.
Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Codes

I'd vote for the throttle body.
Mine went casters up and just found the sheet with the codes on it last night, but remember the P2135 as the first one.
I got one at a salvage yard($126).
At the end the TB would just click and misbehave.
I'll try and remember to post the whole list tomorrow.
There were five when car went casters up and then three immediately after clearing the first five and trying to restart.
Hopefully the two sets will be helpful to others who have this problem.
Good luck.
First set as displayed:
P2135
P0122
P0233
P2110
P2119
P2102
After clearing and upon immediately starting these code were displayed:
P2135
P0122
P2110
Optimized TB would be good alternative over dealer prices maybe, but hard to beat the $126 for excellent one.
YMMV

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello, did anyone figure out the cause of this problem. I am new to the thread, and just looking for some guidiance. Broke college kid. Please help. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok, So here are the codes I got

P-0442: EVAP Control System Leak Detected (I think that's gas cap)
P-0122: TP Sensor 1 Circuit Low Input
P-2110: Throttle Actuator Control System - Forced Limited
P-2135: Throttle Position Sensor 1-2 Voltage Correlation

It sounds like its the Throttle Body, but I want to get opinions/advice from people who have been there and done it.

Thanks so much for your help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
First set as displayed:
P2135
P0122
P0233
P2110
P2119
P2102
After clearing and upon immediately starting these code were displayed:
P2135
P0122
P2110
Optimized TB would be good alternative over dealer prices maybe, but hard to beat the $126 for excellent one.
YMMV
Sounds like we have the same exact codes... What did you do with you yours?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts