Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have an 04 mazda 6i with 126k miles when purchased and now it has 141k as of 04/2013. when i bought the car it came with the AT light problem already. i changed the mounts and changed the transmission fluid right after i purchased the car but the AT light did not go away. i decided not worry much about it because the only problem was that it jerks when i put the car in reverse and manual mode did not work. this was back in 10/2011. As of 04/14/2013 i drained and filled the transmission fluid 3 times and changed the transmission filter. After the fluid change, the AT light had gone off. the next day, the AT light had came back on when i went to work 6:00am pst. It had gone off when i came home from work at 2:30pm so i figured it was a temperature problem. today 04/16/2013 the same thing happened. The only difference was when i started the car to come home the AT light was on until i stopped by my dad's house and parked it in the driveway, which had a slant, the AT light had turned off after i restarted the car so i figured there was something that wasn't bolted on correctly or something is loose with the engine or transmission. My dad had told me to park the car downhill to see if the AT light would come on again but it didn't. The AT light was off still, however, the manual mode now works. Now i am really starting to think that there is something loose and that the placement of the engine or transmission is causing these problems. so that's pretty much what i need help on. Why is this happening? Could it be that the engine or transmission is loose somewhere or is it an electrical problem? if anyone could help that would be great because i had already reflashed the car at the dealership and diagnosed the car twice in 03/2013. code given was p0745. As far as i know the AT light would come on only until i park the car on a slanted road and restart the car then it would stay off until the next day. this is where i figure it could be the cold temperature during the night. As for the manual mode it worked when i parked downhill. When i got home i restarted the car to see if i could go into manual mode would stop working or the AT light would come on but it didn't. So now it's fixed but i will have to wait until i go to work to see if the AT light is on or if the manual mode stops working because i am also thinking that it may be a temperature problem as well. with the information provided so far please let me know if you have experienced something similar to this and have fixed it because i do not have enough money to replace the transmission.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts