Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm hoping to upgrade my Pro5 to a 6 and I was wondering if you all could give me some guidance so I don't get totally taken by the dealer...
Any advice you could give would be appreciated!
Things like which options are worth the money...should I wait and have the spoiler installed after purchase?
I've test drove both the I and the S and while I looooove the S I don't think my pocketbook will like it too well :) Considering I just bought my 5 last year my trade's in has like no equity in it so the S might tug the pursestrings a lil too tight. But I'm used to 4-bangers and the I is nothing to snub your nose at :)
So any advice from the current 6 owners??
Keep in mind I'm a chick too so I already have that strike against me walking into the showroom!
Thanks!!!
zoom-zoom
kt

·
Registered
312 Posts
Reading Topic: Assistance requested before purchase...

Hey KT,

I just bought my 6 2 weeks ago. I live in your area.. im in Silver Spring, MD. I bought my 6 from Russell Mazda in Ellicott City, just off of MD 29.

Here is what I suggest, go to these websites and do some research:
http://www.edmunds.com/new/2003/mazda/6/in...earch..0.Mazda*

This should give you the market price, invoice price, MSRP, and what the options cost. If you want, email me off list and i will give you the contact information of the salesman from Russell Mazda... he was super cool, and no hastles.

HTH,

Mike

·
Registered
8,628 Posts

About installing the spoiler after-purchase. That depends what you want. If all you want is a spoiler, then yeah go for after-market or after-purchase. If you what everything the sports package offers - front air dam, rear wing spoiler, side sills, 17" wheels, you can not beat the price of the sports package. Equivalent aftermarket wheels alone would cost the price of the package.

·
Registered
319 Posts

Don't forget the sport package gets you optitron gauges, which I really like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts