Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone knows that water injection is great for making more power on supercharged/turbocharged apps. But there are still miss information out there. I am here to help.

Some common questions about water methanol injection can be found here. Devilsown water injection FAQ

Here is another good source of information. Devilsown Methanol Alcohol Water Injection

Where to mount your nozzle? What size nozzle to run?

So ask away.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I understand if you don't want to support other companies product but i have the labonte kit and i want to do a dual stage set up. I want to do PRE-turbo and PRE throttle so what is your suggestions on placement and nozzle size?

Also what are your thoughts on preturbo injection?

Here is my set up FYI as of right now..

Carrilo rods
CP pistons 9.5:1 .20 over
porting head w/3 angle valve job
porting intake mani
tubular exhaust manifold
gt3076 7 blade currently with a ported 55 a/r housing soon to be changed to a .82 a/r
CPE turbo back catless
labonte meth kit
FMIC custom
balance shaft delete
cpe hpfp

And a host of other things that are not relative to this question... My plan is to run about 25-27 psi

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No worries, I would stick a 1gph nozzle pre turbo, and put a 3 or 4gph nozzle after the turbo .

Preturbo is fine but i would not run anything any bigger than a 1gph nozzle.

If you have any other questions let me know.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
I have your MS6 stage 2 kit and the labonte IFS-30 fail safe. Do you think I shuld use it?
I saw this post on miata forums and think maybe there is no reason to use it:
I am not a big fan of flow detection devices. IMO most all of them react slow. You would be best off using a wide band or installing an IAT "i don't believe you ahve one from the factory" Whens the last time you saw a flow sensor for the fuel system of your car to monitor when a injector goes bad?

People are always bugging me. "when you going to make a flow detection device like the others" DevilsOwn has no plans atm to do so. There is one flow sensor on the market that someone else sells i don't think i would be able to sleep at night if i sold it.

Also, I am installing this in my CPE cold pipe. What nozzle should I use? What setting should I use?

Also I dont have a solinoid. Should I get one?

Sorry for being so noob, but have been out of it for a while and want to get this installed soon.
thanks

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
I have your MS6 stage 2 kit and the labonte
Also, I am installing this in my CPE cold pipe. What nozzle should I use? What setting should I use?

Also I dont have a solinoid. Should I get one?

Sorry for being so noob, but have been out of it for a while and want to get this installed soon.
thanks
On the above questions?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts