Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
I don't think you can change your SS# without proving that someone is using it and that you have tried all the necessary steps to stop such activity. You can contact the 3 major credit bureaus and report that it was stolen so they can put up a "red flag." Anytime someone tries to gain additional credit using your name and number, you will be contacted directly. This page has some good information.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
sorry, bro. that's why i never carry my ss card (leave it at home filed away with birth certificate, etc.). also opt out of putting it on my driver's license. id theft is some scarry stuff. cancel your credit cards immediately, get new driver's license (not sure about a new ssn). good luck!

·
Registered
932 Posts
I got my DL, credit cards and SS card stolen once. I thought about a new SS# but instead I called one of those credit places, Experian I think, and I put a block on my credit. All it does is when you (or someone trying to be you) tries to open an account the store/credit card company HAS to call you on a phone number you provide them with. Does that make sense? I think it lasts for 6 months or so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
anjyl_99
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing