Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
They are a great looking wheel, lighter than stock, by 3-4 pounds. I have not had any issues with them, at all.

·
Registered
209 Posts
ASA's tend to be fairly inexpensive but I learned the hard way that you get what you pay for. I had a set of entry level 17 inch ASA's on my VW. Personally did not have a good experience with them. The plastic coating began peeling away from the wheels after only about two years or so. I called the place that sold them and they basically said 'Tough luck. It happens.' By the time I sold the car the peeling got so bad on one wheel that it wouldn't even hold pressure for more than a couple of days. No amount of cleaning, grinding, resealing, and remounting would fix the problem. No more cheap ASA wheels for me! I believe the model was JS5. They probably have better wheels than that but I was dissapointed with the response when I did have an issue.

Good luck!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Anybody running or have experience with ASA wheels? I'm thinking of the black AR1 for my silver MS6.
Thanks.[/b]
I have the silver AR1's and am very happy with them so far. They look good and have drawn numerous comments. They are also easier to keep clean than the factory wheels.
:drive:

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have a set of 17" JH3s that I bought for my Freelander and are now on my Ranger. Pics here:
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=60862&hl (ignore the negative replys - that must have been a time-of-the-month thing). :irate:

They've been very durable, have an excellent finish and are easy to clean. The only reason I didn't put them on my 6 is that this model is kind of heavy (24lbs) and are better suited for an SUV or pickup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.