Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After talking trash for 2 years, I finally ponied up. My '04 6s (in service 10/2003) is a "garage queen" with under 6,000 miles and gets driven mostly for pleasure - which it delivers in spades.

The fit is TIGHT but without lowering, no rubbing. Tested with rear wheel on curb and servicing ramp, also smeared wax on rear fender lips but after a 40-mile romp, none was touched by tire. Included going over old-school railroad crossings, potholes, and a highway construction zone at 70MPH with major bumps/pavement creases, and no rub. I happen to be heading to a neighborhood tomorrow that has speed bumps, will keep an ear out over those. I'm definitely going to get my fenders rolled for peace of mind (as I intend to lower the car with Mazdaspeed springs) and even though Tire Rack will tell you that you need it, if you're feeling lucky, you can likely get away without it for this setup.

Stepping up to 18s and getting summer tread, after living with the factory all-season, absolutely made me fall in love with my 6 again. Handling is now firm and precise without being harsh, steering wheel feels like a new friend letting me know exactly what's going on down there. The car absolutely laughs at curves now. It pulls to the right a little more (where roads are crowned) but I expected this from running performance tires on other cars.

And before everyone chimes in....
- lowering, working on it
- clear corner markers, yes, on the wish list
- removing door ding strips - sorry, like the look better with them, keeping them

I believe I'm the first to post with this wheel and Lapis Blue, I'll post in the sticky thread after lowering.

Happy Motoring!
-PT

Attachments

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Very nice! Complements the blue very well.
An 04 with only 6000 miles?! Do you walk to work or something? I thought I was keeping my miles low but you have me beat!

I too am waiting for RPM to restock on the clear side markers...when, Donny, WHEN?

Keep up the nice work!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice! Complements the blue very well.
An 04 with only 6000 miles?! Do you walk to work or something? I thought I was keeping my miles low but you have me beat!
[/b]
My story: Set the wayback machine to 2003 where I have a 95 Mystique V6/mtx (slightly tricked) and a 96 Mustang V6/ATX convertible. I buy the 6 thinking it's going to replace the Mystique as the daily/winter driver, but I quickly realize the car is too special to subject it to such duty. I end up selling my Mustang and buying a Subaru, and haven't looked back since. My 02 Impreza "Outback Sport" has served dutifully as daily driver with 0 surprises.

I live 1 mile from my office so my cars get inherently low mileage, but the 6 has been basically sitting the last 3 winters, which is why it has only 6K miles...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
PTinVT
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing