Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The hinge on the armrest between the driver and front passenger seats has become disconnected on the driver's side causing the armrest to be loose and rattle. How can I access the hinge to repair it? The car was in the Mazda dealer yesterday. They were supposed to fix the hinge but they haven't repaired it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
if they were supossed to fix it take it back and have them fix it. Especially if they charged you for it. It should be on your paperwork in the section that outlines the repairs that the car was brought in for.
Make sure they notate that they didnt, wont or cant fix it before you fix it if you allready officially reported the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know that this is an old thread, but does anyone know how to replace the hinge? I have the same problem with my 2009 Mazda 6.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Kind of beating a dead horse with this old thread but:

I'm detailing my new to me 2012 Mazda 6 (The car smells so much better already) (Dealer didn't clean it worth a crap but it was what I wanted at an awesome price) and I took out the center console to clean it and I wanted to take the armrest off which I still have no idea how but after undoing some screws I have found that the center console is a solid unit... The plastic bits are melted/fused together (Intentionally from factory) ...even though it's also screwed together. I'm not sure you'll be able to get it apart without breaking it.

·
Registered
914 Posts
The workshop manual shows that the rear panel comes off (for vehicles with rear seat AC vents, but it may apply to those without). You have to remove the entire center console to get to the screws which are on the bottom of the rear of the console. Maybe then you can get to the hinge (but the manual doesn't show any details).

~Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts