Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just outta curiosity for the moment... can one get? and if so how much for a leather center console arm rest lid?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have and 05 6s....I'm interested in the same thing. I don't have leather interior, but would like to replace the center arm rest with one that is leather...as it's better with pet hair and wear and tear.

Grey or black.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have and 05 6s....I'm interested in the same thing. I don't have leather interior, but would like to replace the center arm rest with one that is leather...as it's better with pet hair and wear and tear.

Grey or black.
[/b]

Yes, exactly! Great minds think alike I suppose...
hmmm.... maybe I'll have to find a wrecker???

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have the leather interior - and to be honest, I don't believe the armrest is actually made out of leather. It's more like a vinyl-type material. I say this based on the way it responds to leather conditioner - it doesn't react in the same way the seating surfaces do. I think this is why they refer to the leather option as "leather seating surfaces". I'm pretty sure other areas are just a type of vinyl, with the exception of the door inserts.

What I am curious about is how difficult it would be to add additional padding to the underside of the armrest. The factory padding is very skimpy and when your elbow digs into it, you can easily feel the hard plastic beneath. Kinda cheap the way they did it IMO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts