Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to the guy at Discount Tire about ordering some Kumho Ecsta ASX's, and he recommended the Arizonians instead. They have a 55,000 mile treadlife warranty, the Kumho's have 35,000...

Anyone hear anything, good or bad, about the Arizonians?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
i personally haven't heard of them. so my suggestion would be to get the Kumhos, they might have a lower mile warranty, but they won't blow out on you. i have a friend that kept getting no-name tires and they kept blowin out on him. sorry i couldnt be much help

edit: just searched them and read a few reviews, a lot of people like them but at about 40k-45k miles on them, they get really loud. so if your looking for longevity, then go ahead a try them out. just make sure you get those certificates from discount tire (free replacements)

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Anyone hear anything, good or bad, about the Arizonians?
[/b]
IIRC, they are a private label exclusive to Discount Tire made by Cooper. So, whatever your opinion of Cooper is, you can apply that to the Arizonian.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Here's more info:

http://www.arizoniantires.com/arizonianSil...ditionPlus.html

My personal opinion is to keep looking. I can understand if you're on a budget, but I've never been a fan of private label tires. There's no way any manufacturer is going to make them as good as their name brand tires. Plus, with the 6 being a sporty, good-handling car, putting that tire on your 6 is kind of like making Michael Jordan play basketball in work boots.

Btw, after double-checking, Cooper does not build them, Kelly does. Kelly is owned by Goodyear, but the Arizonian is no way on par with any Goodyear tire. Arizonians are built in the Kelly plants (which was a seperate company before Goodyear bought them), so as stated before, whatever your opinion of Kelly is, apply that to Arizonian and lower it a notch or two. Personally, Kelly and Cooper are considered about the same, quality-wise, which is average to mediocre.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So you think the Kumho's are the way to go?

I am deciding between these two tires, the Kumho and Arizonian.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
So you think the Kumho's are the way to go?
[/b]
Well, personally, I think you should consider Toyo, but then again I am biased! ;)

P.S. Not a fan of Kumho either. If you have to buy at Discount (which doesn't sell Toyo), then you should look at Yokohama.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts