Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a set of new tires back in late November. Got a freakin nail in my tire yesterday. Now I gotta go buy a brand new tire. If the stupid nail was over to the left by about a centimeter, it would have cost me $10 to fix, but cause it's too close to the edge, it's not fixable...so f***ing pissed off. Brand new tire and $140 down the drain. :(

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
That sucks and I can totally relate and then some. I bought a set of Toyo T1-S tires in the middle of last summer. Near the end of summer I drove through the remnants of debris from an earlier auto accident. There was no way around the debris but it didn't look too bad. Anyway, I picked up a nice hunk of a wheel weight. Bam...tire shot. Had a hard time finding another T1-S as Toyo had switched to the T1-R.
Fast forward to this year, one week after putting back on the summer wheels and T1-S, my wife drives the car and tells me a tire is really low on air. Whaddya know, another puncture in a tire due to a broken wheel weight. I had to have Toyoguy scour the southern U.S. to find a dealer with a T1-S.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Doesn't the road hazzard warranty cover this? I had a nail in my stock tire and KalTire repaired it for free. Also Costco just replaced my tire without question, after I had very bad damage on sidewall of the tire. Check your tire store before spending extra cash.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked already. No road hazard warranty on them.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I think we should rename this to be the "Rant thread" I have my own case.

I just leased a 05 Mazda 6 wagon no more than two weeks ago, I haven't even made my first payment yet, my wife took it today to do some shopping and some guy in a Suburban tried to park next to my brand new car but didn't realize how big his truck was, :chairshot: Most people when they hit something they stop, but no, he decided that he will just pull into the parking stall all the way and find the owner of the car,

I'll take some pics when i get home tonight, I haven't even seen the damage yet, so I'm just sittin her at work stewing, I need a beer.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think we should rename this to be the "Rant thread" I have my own case.

I just leased a 05 Mazda 6 wagon no more than two weeks ago, I haven't even made my first payment yet, and my wife took it today to do some shopping and some idiot in a Chevy Suburban decided that he wanted to park next to my brand new car but didn't realize how big his truck was and took out the entire drivers side, from tire to tire!!!!!! :irate: Most people when they hit something they stop, but now not this FREAKIN IDIOT :irate: He decided that he will just pull into the parking stall all the way and find the owner of the car, cuz you know he already did some damage so he might as well do some more!!!!! :swearin: :swearin: :swearin: :swearin:

Stupid people piss me off :thefing: :biggun: :guns: :hammerhea: :cursing: :cursing: :swearin:

I'll take some pics when i get home tonight, I haven't even seen the damage yet, so I'm just sittin her at work stewing, I need a beer.
[/b]
He stopped and exchanged information though I hope. Cause if he didn't that would totally suck even more.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Oh ya he was totally cool about it,
but it pisses me off, I've only had the car two weeks this thursday!!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Ok so it isn't as bad as my wife made it out to be, but it will still be a hit over $2000 which really sucks,
but it is fixable so there's not much i can really do.

·
Registered
420 Posts
[attachmentid=12739]

[attachmentid=12741] [attachmentid=12740]

[attachmentid=12742] [attachmentid=12743]

It Looks to be ok, I was expecting to come home from work and see the whole side of my car crushed in. The part that has me worried is top left, by the window, it seems to be out of line and the door dosn't close properly. I will know from the body shop after the long weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
argh, sorry about that dude. that really sucks. its just like murphy's law ... i got into a similar (minor) fender bender but i realized its gonna happen sooner or later so you just have to live with it.

i would think you'd just have to pay your deductible.

how you liking the wagon so far by the way? i see ALOT of wagons on the road, i'm not sure why they are being cancelled (someone on some other thread said the 2006 will be the last model year for wagons)

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Being cancelled apparently because of the new CX-7 or whatever it's called. What really sucks though is that the vehicle supposedly replacing it is available in automatic only. I like how you can get the wagon in manual.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It's bad to see the M6 wagon suffers such a damage. Hope your bodyshop will do a good job in fixing it. Why would Mazda want the CX-7 to replace the Wagon? It's 2 different products!!!

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not exactly replace. They don't want sales of the CX-7 impacted by the wagon.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Thanks, I have a good body shop and I am going to make sure that it gets fixed properly. It really ticks me off though, I've been driving little junky cars for the last ten years hoping that someone is going to hit it so that I can get it written off and not have to worry about selling that piece of crap, but nooo, they wait till I get my first brand new car and then go and hit it. That damn murphys law, I would love to take a swing at murphy and teach him a new law.

As far as the CX-7 replacing the M6 wagon, that isn't the plan, although it is part of the reason. Mazda now has 3 family vehicles including the Mazda 5, the Mazda 6 and the CX-7, and the CX-9 which should be here this fall. (7 pass. CX-7) But it is too bad that they are dicontinuing the M6 wagon, but for all of us wagon owners it just means that our cars are going to hold more value in a few years, kinda the same way that the Protege 5 has.

:seeya: And yes I love my wagon it's so much fun to drive and it is probly one of the hottest wagons on the road, only comparable to the Dodge Magnum, but only in looks; we all know mazda is way better!! Sales on the CX-7 won't be affected by any car we currently sell, they have already taken off without one even touching down on our lots yet. Like I said in another thread "Mazda has alot of good stuff coming in the next two years" so keep your eyes open and I will let you know as the good news comes.

·
Registered
420 Posts
So I dropped off my car at the bodyshop this morning, I just hope I get it back soon. :tear:

ADD: Got it back, looks pretty good [attachmentid=13315] Thanks to Richard at Don Becks
1 Door skin
3 Panel Paint
24 Hrs Labour

$2391 Dec.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
6 Participants
ArtM6SW
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing