Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The service manager called me and said that Mazda told him that I was the first to complain about the performance of the MS6 after the flash. I had liked the torque hitting with a blast at 3000 rpm, not ramping up to a peak at around 4000 rpm.
I would like to know if anyone else is unhappy and if they complained to Mazda about it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The service manager called me and said that Mazda told him that I was the first to complain about the performance of the MS6 after the flash. I had liked the torque hitting with a blast at 3000 rpm, not ramping up to a peak at around 4000 rpm.
I would like to know if anyone else is unhappy and if they complained to Mazda about it.
[/b]
I have mixed feelings. The power is smoother and seems to pull at higher rpm, but it no longer has the 2500 rpm surge that it once had. I will they had retained the low end torque, and yet managed to make it smoother and hold the rpm higher.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have mix feelings well. When I didn't have the flash, the powerloss would hit hard enough to notice at the track. Now that I have it I don't have any powerloss, yet the surge that I had is completely gone.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I don't want to do the flash.....I love it the way it is. :drive:

·
Registered
288 Posts
I liked the 3k rpm surge as well. But when I had a CEL come on at 1,100 miles I took it in to the dealer and they did the reflash before I knew that there even was a reflash available. I noticed right away that something was different and thought maybe I bought some bad gas. After 3 more tanks, it's still the same...linear flat torque not the exponential burst of speed at 3k rpms.

I took it back to the dealer and had them check it out and tried to see if they could reflash it back to the original code. Nope. They wouldn't reflash the ECU because it was under recall and the records were already submitted in the Mazda system. They did chack all the engine parameters and found them all within spec, so I guess this is the way it will be.

I do miss my old Speed6. :(

·
Registered
661 Posts
Amen.

I hated it at first but now I just don't like it. It's different - not bad - not good. Had I test drove the car like this then I wouldn't know any difference. I miss the "car ripping itself apart" feel.

Can't wait for some tuning, so I just won't care anymore.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have not noticed any difference in how my car drives, from the day I bought it till now. Drove the same before and after the reflash. never had powerloss issues and the car still drives just as it did before.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I have not noticed any difference in how my car drives, from the day I bought it till now. Drove the same before and after the reflash. never had powerloss issues and the car still drives just as it did before.
[/b]

when did you buy it?

·
Registered
34 Posts
As ive stated in the recall for canada post ...
ill state it here
HECK NO ... I DESPISE IT. I bought the car for the performance with the business suit. NOT a couch patatoe that was once an athlete!!
cheers

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
I still have the 1st gen program. :) Not going to do the reflash.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Werent you guys supposed to benefit from it though, in terms of power? Its not a blast but its more constant and more of it, or so i thought, right?

·
Registered
353 Posts
when did you buy it?
[/b]
I bought mine on August 5th, but it was a demo, so no idea how long they may have had the car. Guess I could check the vin to see when it was built. Flash was not done unitl I hit 5000 miles. They had not performed it on the car yet when I bought it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Mixed feelings here too. It's great that the powerloss is gone, but the car dosent seem to push as hard as it did before, specially in second gear. Plus I have the occasionnal hiccup that's annoying. Funny thing, yesterday I received a letter from Mazda Canada concerning the flash, about 5 months after I had it done.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I have noticed that my gas mileage has gone to crap since I had the re-flash done. My driving has not changed any and I get on average 50-75 miles less per tank.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I still have the 1st gen program. :) Not going to do the reflash.
[/b]
YOU MY FRIEND R A SMART MAN AVOID MAZDA's FLASH LIKE THE PLAGUE

Ps hows the EBC greddy... u notice it help out after 5000 rpm...
what r u boosting at??

·
Registered
366 Posts
I personally hate the flash...

A lot of people say they dont care b/c of tuning options. I agree however, to get back to what we had will potentially void the warranty. Any modifications of the ECU etc etc. The classic story.

That said, I feel mazda should offer us somethign. The car is not what we originally purchased, even though torque and hp numbers havent changed, the car has. Plain and simple.

What can be done? I almost want to give them the car back. You cant buy a car based off performance then have it taken away.

It is a matter of principal.

·
Registered
17 Posts
A week ago I setup an appointment with my local Mazda dealer for a re-flash. It is scheduled for next Saturday Oct 7.
In the 4000 miles, ~3months I've had my car, I've had the powerloss occur in 3rd, 4th and 5th gear accelerating from on-ramps, passing slower traffic, etc.
Funny though, the car does it almost every other day, but it only happens once and never does it again that same day.
The build date on mine is 01/2006.
I'm a bit undecided on whether to go through with the re-program or not.
Although I would too sorely miss the quick shot of boost we currently get @ 2500rpm, a part of me says go with the re-flash. One thing I wouldn't want, is for the car to bog exactly at the moment I'd need it to accelerate the most.
I'll post an update next week or so after the dealer castrates my beloved speed6...umm IF I let it happen.

1 - 20 of 219 Posts