Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that we are the last country in the world to get the Mazda6...:sarc
It's been more than a year since the Mazda Atenza debuted in Tokyo. Japan got it in about May 2002, Europe got it in the summer, Australia and NZ got it in September I think, other places in Asia got the 6 at about the same time and US got it in December.

Too bad Mazda Canada cannot get the 6 faster...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Are we the last ones to get the 6?'

I just hope that gave the opportinuty to fix any early fault that could have been found on cars producted for the other countries. So Canada will get the perfect version of the Mazda6. I hope anyhow!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Reading Topic: Are we the last ones to get the 6?

I'm not sure about that. I did 2 test drives with the 6 and one had the engine check light on and the other had a problem with the sound of the engine. Hmmmmm, but they told me that was on the demos...

·
Registered
205 Posts

Funny, I just posted on this 5 minutes ago in another area of this forum. Apart from China, Canada is the last to get the Mazda6. China's Mazda6's are built at a plant in China and mass production beginning in March '03 and a April '03 launch.

So we're second last!

I am hoping so much that Mazda doesn't do this with the car I'm buying (Mazda3); because I simply can't wait that long.

·
Registered
205 Posts

Yeah, but the 2004 is just marketing. Aside from meeting the Canadian requirements, our Mazda6 is no different than the 2003 in the US.

In fact it's a disadvantage to be called a 2004, because it means that any 2004 American upgrades probably won't get to us until the 2005 model year (around Sep. 2004).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Are we the last ones to get the 6?'

not only that... but come 2004 (if you buy in january of course)... the car will have 24k on it them some...and so on so on and so on...:sarc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts