Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah i must sound like a tool... but do i just show up at the dealership and say i want the latest updates... how long does it take, are they free... any info would help :goon:

·
Registered
788 Posts
Honesty is the best policy...I too want an update...just be honest and sound like you know what you are saying ... I would say "Hey ... Guys can you set my car up with the latest ECU re-flash?" There is really no reason for them to not do this...only if you piss them off in some way...if you are nervous about it...call for an oil change and then slip in the request...they may not want to do it for "free" but may very well do so if you are a "paying customer" ... I have been just lazy but also want to get the latest re-flash...let us know what you think of the results...C6

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
They will not just randomly update your car for you. You have to have a legitimate problem for them to do it.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Time is money for them, if they gave away updates to anyone who asked for one they wouldnt be making any money.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Update usually takes around 20 to 30 minutes for them to update. If they ask you to pay, it's usually one hour of labor, that's like $90 to $95, they are greedy. Get the MSP10 at least, that one came out in Sept. 2005.

If your car is under warranty, it should be free.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2004, i think it was built late in 03, and car has 69K miles... so prob no warranty anymore :(

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
They will not just randomly update your car for you. You have to have a legitimate problem for them to do it.
[/b]
Wasn't the 'flash' a recall? I was told my 04 6i had to be reflashed because of a recall.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Wasn't the 'flash' a recall? I was told my 04 6i had to be reflashed because of a recall.
[/b]
Don't think so. It might have been a TSB, but a true recall, you would have gotten a letter in the mail.

You cannot just walk into the dealer and say, "Give me the latest updates." There has to be a reason that they do it. (ie. shift shock, etc.) The only other way is if your car is in for service and they say that there was a known issue with your vin range that mazda has mandated that they update.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I just took my in today because of the hard shift shock between 1st and 2nd gear and I mentioned the flash to them. So hopefully everything goes well.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Kinda off topic but My local toyota dealership has some sort of "lady's day" on thursdays where the girls can come in, get thier car checked up on, free oil change, and a free manicure with food/drinks....as far as free with Mazda, I haven't seen much yet...still haven't got my free mazdasport mag they said they were gonna send me :tear:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts