Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are all kartboy exhuast hangers the same because a store by me has five diffrent type but none say for the mazda. so what makes on different then another and will nay of them be compatable with my six

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
now a mazda dealer is doing hte install for me. if i understand correctly there are five in the box. now im just buying the tanabe axleback concept g mufflers. do i need to have all five installed or just the ones for hte muffler. andwould it not work if i just had the delaer install the muffler ones.

·
Registered
578 Posts
now a mazda dealer is doing hte install for me. if i understand correctly there are five in the box. now im just buying the tanabe axleback concept g mufflers. do i need to have all five installed or just the ones for hte muffler. andwould it not work if i just had the delaer install the muffler ones.
[/b]
It's hard to say if you would have problems if you didn't install the axle back with all of them. If it were me, I would just have the dealer use all of them. You paid for them, might as well put them to good use. Besides, what are you going to do with the extra ones if you didn't use them all? They aren't good for much else...

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
It's just the mufflers that you are changing out, right. The five hangers will be needed only if you change out the whole catback. I can see the dealership charging more if you want to change out all five and why don't you do it yourself?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
casue im 17 and my parents would be alot happier if a dealer did it, so since there nice enough to allow me i will let the delaer install it. Anyway another question. Will the exhaust hangers make the mufflers hang lower or higher and it will make them look better fitting on the car too correct?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Ok check this out..

You need to stay away from that dealer, they are going to charge you way too much for something so simple. Just go find any local muffler shop, and have them install all 5 peices. $20 tops they should charge you..

Also, they are just stiffer replacments for the stock ones, so no they won't make anything hang lower or anything like that, they will just stiffen the whole system up so the mufflers won't be swaying back and forth towards the rear.

I know this from experiance, muffler shop told me they wouldn't make any diffrence and I wasted my money, so I told them oh well, im paying you to install these right? ... long story short the guy apologized and was impressed with how they helped keep things in place!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts