Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a few issues with my Mazda6, whihc is overall a great car, but has a few items that drive me bananas, and which the dealer says is "normal", so he won't do anything about it. Have other folks had these same issues?

One item is the turn signals. They don't turn off unless you have made a sharp turn, so when you enter a freeway, if you are not careful you become one of those dingies whose right blinker is always on. If been driving for over 35 years and have not had this problem before.

Another thing is the fog lights (this is a Mazda6i). When I have them on, I can see a little bit of glow, but they do not seem to light up the road at all, in fog, in clear weather, whatever. If I look more than 20 feet ahead and flash them on and off, I cant even tell they are there. I've never had fog lights before, but this seems like a purely cosmetic item. Am I off base?

There is also the issue of the self-opening front windows. The dealer tells me that that "feature" cannot be disabled. Is that true or not?

Finally, is it just me, or is it really difficult to turn around to see behind you whan you back up?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I've had no problem with the turn signals, when i enter a highway i usually just push the stalk up a little to blip the signal, similar to a lane change, since that's basically what it is..

As for the foglights, if you have the ones integrated into the headights assembly (right by the low beam), they seem like the would be pretty useless to me, more cosmetic. I believe the lower fogs, the only kind available on the 2006s, are actually functional.

For the auto-down windows... I know there is a way to disable them on the 2004 / 2005, but i'm not sure for 2006s... search for "programming power windows" or something along those lines. It should yield some results.

I have no problem turning my head to back up. Maybe i'm just used to it since i've had the car a while.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had no problem with the turn signals, when i enter a highway i usually just push the stalk up a little to blip the signal, similar to a lane change, since that's basically what it is..

As for the foglights, if you have the ones integrated into the headights assembly (right by the low beam), they seem like the would be pretty useless to me, more cosmetic. I believe the lower fogs, the only kind available on the 2006s, are actually functional.

For the auto-down windows... I know there is a way to disable them on the 2004 / 2005, but i'm not sure for 2006s... search for "programming power windows" or something along those lines. It should yield some results.

I have no problem turning my head to back up. Maybe i'm just used to it since i've had the car a while.
[/b]
Actually, the fog lights I have are the lower kind, and seem pretty useless.

As for the turn signals, I had never previously had any problem with just signalling a turn and turning onto an interstate, but with this car I do. It is not quite the same as signalling for a lane change, since you will normally be doing it a bit farther ahead of the turn. But I suppose I will have to adapt.

The self-opening window problem appears to be uncorrectable, as several others have noted. I didn't tthink that "feature" got introduced until the 2006 model.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Actually, the fog lights I have are the lower kind, and seem pretty useless.
[/b]
I have a '06 too, and I pretty much didnt notice the foglights when they were stock, that's pretty much one of the reason I went and replaced them with PIAA Ion Yellow bulbs, and now you can really tell the difference, now you can really see them hit the ground. But still I think they're more like accesories, because i've lived in florida for the more than 5 years and have never seen a really foggy day, so I dunno if they really help you in any way.

The self-opening window problem appears to be uncorrectable, as several others have noted. I didn't tthink that "feature" got introduced until the 2006 model.
[/b]
Yeah it was introduced on the '06+ models, my friend has a '05 and he dont have that feature. I pretty much dont mind it, but one day I parked my car and went to work and like 3 hours later I took a look outside to check the weather and saw my front windows down. I guess I must have pressed the unlock button somehow since it was in my pocket with my other keys and sent the windows down. Thank God I caught it before it started rainning :yesnod:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts