Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want an all black grill to match the bumpers grill. But I can't find any grills that fit. I've been on ebay and other websites and asked if they will fit, but everyone tells me no. Where can I get one or when should I expect to find them?

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
i think the 07' has the same as the 06' which if that's the case, none fit i don't think.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think the 07' has the same as the 06' which if that's the case, none fit i don't think.[/b]
So basically the grills that are on ebay will not fit...So where is everyone getting grills from, they can't all have bodykits?

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
more people have an 03-05 than 06'-07'.

D

·
0 Posts
I just want an all black grill to match the bumpers grill. But I can't find any grills that fit. I've been on ebay and other websites and asked if they will fit, but everyone tells me no. Where can I get one or when should I expect to find them?[/b]
I'm in the same boat as you.. I have an '06 and I want a black grille soooo bad!!! I don't wanna pay $300 at the dealer... =/.

·
Registered
142 Posts
All the Japanese writing makes me think this will fit JDM not the NA. Someone need to buy one and see if it fits our NA models :p .

·
Registered
142 Posts
I emailed HK plus about this and here is the response....

this item will fit onto the 06/07 US Mazda6.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Question about Item -- Respond Now

eBay sent this message on behalf of an eBay member through My Messages. Responses sent using email will go to the eBay member directly and will include your email address.

Question from *********
-------------------------------------------------------

Positive feedback: 100%
Registered on: www.ebay.com

Item: 06 Mazda 6 FACE-LIFT VERSION SPORT FRONT GRILL ATENZA (140074223378)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
********** is a potential buyer.
-------------------------------------------------------
Does this grille fit the North American models or is it just for JDM or Euro Spec cars?

======================================================================
Respond to this question in My Messages - Respond now
http://contact.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBay...&redirect=0

Responses in My Messages will not include your email address.
======================================================================

Thank you,
eBay

Details for item number: 140074223378

Item title: 06 Mazda 6 FACE-LIFT VERSION SPORT FRONT GRILL ATENZA
Item URL: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...ADME:B:AAQ:US:1
End date: Monday, Jan 22, 2007 18:41:17 PST
----------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
275 Posts
that grille does seem rather likely to fit the 06, 07 mazda 6's but the only thing that is different is that piece of plastic under the logo. The last time i took out the grille there was only 2 flaps, the top flap and the middle one with the mazda logo on it. I'm not sure if the tabs on the grille will fit or not though.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Dave at accolade says it'll fit an 06' without issues so we'll see. i plan on ordering one this week assuming my fiance approve's of it lol. stupid ice storm kept both of us out of work for 3 days.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Anybody know how much accolade charges for their grille?

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
i've heard like 5 different prices. i know what i paid for mine but it seems different that what others paid.

·
Registered
142 Posts
^

It kind of bothers me when companies are not forthcoming with their pricing. I fear it would be luck of the draw as far as pricing goes. Happy salesperson = $60.
Unhappy salesperson = $100.
Finding out from another member you got hosed because you talked to the unhappy salesperson = pissed off customer.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Just take the grill off(unsure but the chrome must come off like the 03-05's did) and take it to a bodyshop and have it painted color of choice, alot of other have done it and it looks grear, u can strip the very thin layer of chrome off, then have it painted along with the "M" if u so choose, I got my badgless grill painted 2-tone for $125.

Unsure but a very easy alternative.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I <3 that JDM grill, does anybody know of another seller besides HK-Plus? (I haven't found it for sale anywhere)

If the price is right I would love to test fit that.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just take the grill off(unsure but the chrome must come off like the 03-05's did) and take it to a bodyshop and have it painted color of choice, alot of other have done it and it looks grear, u can strip the very thin layer of chrome off, then have it painted along with the "M" if u so choose, I got my badgless grill painted 2-tone for $125.

Unsure but a very easy alternative.[/b]
So i should buy the factory grill with the chrome top? And it will just peel off? Should I get one from the dealer or from ebay, cuz it doesn't matter to me, I just want it to fit.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
i was charged 55 for my accolade sport grill. i just don't want to spend 100 bucks to have it painted.

·
Registered
781 Posts
i was charged 55 for my accolade sport grill. i just don't want to spend 100 bucks to have it painted.[/b]
where did you buy the accolade grill from?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts