Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't laugh, but if I'm seriously going to upgrade to a UK spec MPS 6 to keep up with the jones's Impreza then I'd like to add more power to counteract the excess weight of the Mazda.

If there's any info on power or engine related mods then feel free to post here (ideally an ECU chip or remap to increase boost would be an ideal solution).

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
If you want MAJOR power increases, you can swap for a bigger turbo, bigger injectors, FMIC, Cold Air Intake, Stand Alone Fuel Management, Lower Compression Pistons, Etc.

Or, you can keep the car the way it is, and enjoy it for what it is...

·
Registered
820 Posts
Or instead you could do

lighter exhaust
lighter brakes
lighter wheels
lighter hood/trunk
lighter seats
lighter battery
remove spare tire/trunk contents

I'm sure you could easily shave off a few hundred pounds and make the car faster without touching the engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some good replies there. The CEL intake making 11 bhp extra throught most of the rev range before it tails off at 5,500rpm, and they are starting to make a range of mods specifically for the MS6 at http://www.cp-e.com/scan/co=yes/fi=product...p=eq.html?open=.

Sounds like Dabears has done or thought about doing this already :)

Weight saving is a good idea as I'm sure everyone apreciates that weight kills speed and extra power is sometimes the easy way to overcome the problem, especially as my mate drives a Jap spec Impreza pulling a sub 5 sec 0-60mph.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
check out MrTea's garage. he doesn't have a speed6, but he has just about everything else the speed does, save the AWD. with FI, there's quite a bit of options for HP. good luck with the upgrade. let us know how it goes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
pololance6i
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing