Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to rotate my tires today on my 2005 Mazda 6s (17" wheels) that has about 18k miles on it now since the tires kind of chirp around corners now. I wanted to make sure that the stock Michelin tires are not directional since I was planning on rotating them in an "X" pattern.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
No, they are not directional. You can rotate them in the X pattern.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, they are not directional. You can rotate them in the X pattern.
[/b]
Thanks for the info...

·
Registered
313 Posts
are 04's diff? i thought/think mine are directional. and i've noticed after a rotation the dealer just moves its front to back and back to front not in an x pattern. hmm...

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
are 04's diff? i thought/think mine are directional. and i've noticed after a rotation the dealer just moves its front to back and back to front not in an x pattern. hmm...
[/b]
No. All years/models of Mazda6 have the same non-directional Michelins, except for the 18s which are Pirelli PZero Nero on the standard 6 and Bridgestone Potenza RE050 on the Mazdaspeed6 (which are both asymmetric, but not directional). Front to back rotation is okay, but if your dealer is not rotating in an X-pattern, then ask them to do so. Btw, this modified X-pattern is the preferred rotation for front-drive cars:

·
Registered
313 Posts
sob, thought it was just front to back. lol well gotta start doing that then.

thought they were directional.

thanks for the clarification toyo guy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts