Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, I'm trying to figure out if the exhaust tips are farther apart on the 18 and up 6's than the previous years, mostly because I'd like to buy an axle back of some kind but I'm worried the options available for the 14-17 won't fit since it looks like the tips are farther apart on the newer cars (though it could be an illusion?) If anyone knows 100% that they are or aren't I'd greatly appreciate it! I tried searching but couldn't find anything. I've been staring at these two photos trying to look at the tail lights in reference to the tips and I'm just not sure, lol.

Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Sky Cloud Tire Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light

·
Administrator
18,692 Posts
Measure from the inside of each cutout, not the pipe.
I mean, my pipes are pretty dead-center of the cutouts..... Don't know why there'd be a difference. 6" is significant

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
6" is significant
Thats what she said....

So, 14-17 has this for the muffler PY0140100A
18-20 has PYM340100 for the muffler.

If 18 is wider, just get a local shop to splice in some extensions to put the tips where you want them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think there is a misunderstanding here. Are they really talking about the same measured distance? i.e. either from the middle of the pipe to the middle of the pipe or the distance from edge to edge. I think that the distances are the same and it's just an optical illusion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts