Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at an 35 watt HID kit from ddm tuning and their prices are crazy good so i wondering if they weren't too bright and weren't that good? Also does the 35 watt work just as well for headlights?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
i just bought and received their 35watt 6000k kit which was$40 inc 2-3day shipping. no extra harnesses needed for this kit(35watt).
only hard part was removing the bumper&headlights(1st time). that took about 20-25 min. once you got all that off, everything else can be done inside while on the couch!
drill a hole in the dust covers for the lowbeams, mount the ballast to the under the headlight housing(45min) with the supplied double sided tape and a home made cross brace, snatched out that stock gold, thin metal light deflector(optional&40min) then shaking it around til it finally fell out, installed HID bulbs, ran the wire through the hole in the lowbeam dustcup, used the supplied gromett to seal out moisture and dirt, tucked the wires with plastic ties, then put everything back on the car.

·
Registered
109 Posts
i hope its not too late to say this but dont buy the 35 watt get the 55watt it will be alot brighter then the 35 watt cuz i got the 35 as first then later on i got the 55 watt btw they pretty good i dont have any problem so far, hope this help

·
Registered
109 Posts
i hope its not too late to say this but dont buy the 35 watt get the 55watt it will be alot brighter then the 35 watt cuz i got the 35 as first then later on i got the 55 watt btw theyre pretty good i dont have any problem so far, hope this help

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
man. i spent the extra $10 bux on the 55watt ones for my 626. and they were spot on to the set of 35watt ones i had in my 6. from comparing my two, id not even bother spending the extra cash on the 55 watt ones.

·
Registered
275 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
i dont know about yours but i see big different in my i had 6000k 35watt and switch to 6000k 55 watt it was a big different

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
man. i spent the extra $10 bux on the 55watt ones for my 626. and they were spot on to the set of 35watt ones i had in my 6. from comparing my two, id not even bother spending the extra cash on the 55 watt ones.
If you're using the 12k ones like you have in the 6, that's probably why. It still should be brighter, but at that temperature, it won't be by very much at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts