Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I am having a very hard time finding a yellow bug deflector for my M6 ... Is there any way I can paint one to match my M6 yellow ???

EDIT: ok now i am having second thoughts about getting a bug deflector ... are they useful ?? I have some paint chips on the hood frm highway driving ... but I really dont like their look ...

·
Registered
109 Posts
me personally, i feel like bug deflectors are something you see on old man trucks. i would rather fix the places on the hood than kill the looks.
the same goes for the bras....those are for women, not cars.

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
Are deflectors useful? Definitely. My previous two vehicles had them (an S-10 4X4 and Grand Am), and I had less dings and chips on the Grand Am's hood when I traded it in (5 years old and 90+K miles) than I do with my 6 now (an '04 with 28K miles). I wished that Mazda offered them to US customers, instead of just Canada...

Stylewise? That's your own opinion. I liked the ones I had because they were tightly contoured to the hood, with a small lip at the end. Some may not like them, but I'd rather maintain the original finish on the hood instead of repair/repainting every other year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Mz6GreyGhost
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing