Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently trying to use a piggyback method to install interior lighting but I've come across an issue where pretty much all the fuses are live and will have to use the on/off button on the LED remote to control the lights, rather than having them turn on/off with the vehicle. Looking at installing a dash cam this week as well and read other forums about how people are going to be tapping into the fuse box by the engine to avoid battery drainage when the cam goes into parking mode. Is there any way to accomplish this by still tapping into the interior fuse box? It seems that even the fuses which I don't need and aren't used in my car are live as well.... Stumped here.

·
Super Moderator
17,895 Posts
Separate issue, so I figured it would be okay to ask it in a new thread. But thanks for your help, I appreciate it.
Ignore him, he forgets his forum etiquette sometimes. You're more than welcome to start new threads for new topics but sometimes people only skim and it can seem like it's the same question.

I don't know enough about your 2020 fuse panel to suggest anything beyond trying to get a full diagram for it to see which ones are used and when.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Ignore him, he forgets his forum etiquette sometimes. You're more than welcome to start new threads for new topics but sometimes people only skim and it can seem like it's the same question.

I don't know enough about your 2020 fuse panel to suggest anything beyond trying to get a full diagram for it to see which ones are used and when.
No its the same thing, he wants to wire in a dash cam and LEDs and wants to use the fuseblock.

Buy a DVM before you mess your car up. On earlier models, the rumor is one side is switched the other is constant on, but not on my 3.

·
Rally Racer
3,367 Posts
Buy a DVM before you mess your car up. On earlier models, the rumor is one side is switched the other is constant on, but not on my 3.
Huh? What does this mean?
@Bradk129
Use a multi-meter (aka. tester) and see which fuse energizes when the ignition is on.
I would start with #14 and #15
Use owners manual
2020 Mazda 6 Fuses.jpg

·
Rally Racer
3,367 Posts
Digital volt meter. I read somewhere that one side of the fuse box its constant and the other is switched, but i found that to not be true on my 3.
Ah ha, DVM, that's a new one for me.
One side live and the other switched, does that mean the fuses are actually switches? 🤔 interrsting....

·
Registered
172 Posts
Here's the one I use for Homelink and Dashcam which should be R.OUTLET1. There is zero space with the cover on so I had to use a fuse tap instead of a add a fuse. Best to check with a multi-meter as suggested to be safe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts