Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the retrofit Apple CarPlay kit into my 2017 Mazda 6. Did the software update and install myself. Software is saying it’s 70.00.367. The USB is charging my phone, and the second USB is working as a normal audio connection, but the first USB will not register my phone being connected at all other than to charge. Any ideas?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sounds real basic, but try using another cable. Real (vs. cheap knock-off) cables seem to be more reliable. I had much the same situation and went to a quality cable and it worked fine. More rugged as well. Don’t know if it was the USB plug, the phone connector end, or the wire itself, it got tossed in the bin so it won’t vex me again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds real basic, but try using another cable. Real (vs. cheap knock-off) cables seem to be more reliable. I had much the same situation and went to a quality cable and it worked fine. More rugged as well. Don’t know if it was the USB plug, the phone connector end, or the wire itself, it got tossed in the bin so it won’t vex me again.
I just tried an authentic Apple cable and an Amazon basics cable. Unfortunately no luck. Thanks for the suggestion though.

·
Registered
2017 Grand Touring PR
7 Posts
Might wanna go into your iPhone's CarPlay settings (Settings-General-CarPlay) while connected to your car. If I remember correctly, I think it asked me for permission to connect to Mazda carplay the first time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just installed the retrofit Apple CarPlay kit into my 2017 Mazda 6. Did the software update and install myself. Software is saying it’s 70.00.367. The USB is charging my phone, and the second USB is working as a normal audio connection, but the first USB will not register my phone being connected at all other than to charge. Any ideas?
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. Turns out it was a bad USB Hub. Got the seller to send me a replacement and worked just fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts