Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the front lip and side sills will go right on, but do not know for sure if the rear skirt will fit ok.
Anyone out there put the appearance package on a wagon?
I have already done the rear spoiler/wing and ordered the complete apperance package from Sabrina for my steel gray 04 wagon.
was hoping to get some insite as to any potential fittment problems I may run in to.

Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought that all wagons came with the sport package? AFAIK, the front and sides will fit, but the rear is different
[/b]
The base model 04 wagon (one I bought) does come with the 17" wheel package and V6, but Sport Package (rear wing, bumpers and side sills) was optional.

I looked over a sedan that had the package installed at the local dealership and I know that the wagon uses a different bumper cover with a lowered step for the rear hatch. The bottom of the cover (shape wise) looks the same with the exception of a small lip that is present on the bottom of the sedan cover and not on my wagon.

I was just hoping some other wagon owner either had the apperance package installed when they bought their wagon, or did it post purchase.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
The appearance package fits the wagon as well.

·
Registered
297 Posts
yeah, it will fit the front and the side but not the back...I have a non sport wagon as well and it's hard to find a complete package that has a back kit that fits...there is only one aftermarket kit that has a complete kit but the back side looks too plain...

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Mazda told me that it would. Guess Mazda never tried it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the sides and the front will work but the back will not!!!!!!!!!
[/b]
Did you actually try to put one on, or is this something that you were told by a parts person at the local dealer?

I am I the only person on this forum with a non sport wagon who is going to try this?

I posted this thread trying to get someone here who has ACtUALLY given this an attempt.

I was told by my local dealers parts guy the same thing. I looked at the two different bumpers and am confident it will work.

If it does not, well I will have a rear skirt for sale in steel gray.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Buy them from Sabrina and I betcha she'd let you return the rear skirt if it doesn't fit. She took care of me awhile back on a similar issue.
[/b]
Thats who I placed my order with. :)

·
Registered
756 Posts
Well i hope they do fit. I need to get a new rear bumper and have been waiting for something different.
Does anyone else make a rear lip for the sedan? maybe that would also fit?

And youre not the only one with a non-sport.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
7 Participants
leadbedr
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing