Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the dealership i went to had an appearance package added to the car which didn't seem like much but they priced it at $895. it included pinstripes, door guards, fabric care, and maybe one more thing. that didn't seem like it would be worth $895. does this sound right?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Reading Topic: appearance package

is that the same as the chrome crap? If it is, it's not worth it. As far as pinstripes are concerned...ugly...don't like them on cars. My own personal opinion, but it sure as hell ain't worth 900 bux!

-yasir

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

The appearance package has nothing to do with pin stripes, door guards, and the other stuff you mentioned. In the US, the appearance package is almost like the sports package. It will add most of the options the sports package did. For example, let's say you purchased a 6 with the tan interior, but didn't get the sports package because you didn't want the black interior. Adding the appearance package will allow you to get almost everything the sports package offers, but keep your tan interior. So, the appearance package will add the following: Front air dam, side stills, rear bumper skirt, and exhaust tips. You wont get the 17" alloy wheels however. So, as with most options, there is a trade off.

·
Registered
315 Posts

The appearance package looks nothing like the sport package and does not add the optitron lighting, integreated fog lights, integrated brake light in the wing, or the 17" wheels.

The appearance package is not like the sport package in that the appearance package is a bolt/glue on type setup whereas the sport package actually usese deeper and molded front and rear bumpers along with the bigger rear wing. Both packages use the same side sill extensions but the look is completely different. The appearance package does give you the lower rear deck lip type spoiler, which I like better. But, overall, the sport package is a much more comprehensive package that looks better as it doesn't look glued on or added on.
And, the sport package, which has more added options for more distinction, is actually LESS money than the appearance package according to edmunds.com pricing.

Tome

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Replying to Topic 'appearance package'

the appearance package on this car was not the sport package or additions to make it look like it had the sport package (side sills, spoiler, front air dam, 17" alloy wheels, etc....)and it wasn't the chrome additions either.

it was on another sheet next to the original sticker sheet. it said "dealer add-ons" and under it..it specifically said "appearance package: pinstripes, fabric care, door guards, and one other insignificant thing $895"

the original sticker sheet had the options: sport package, comfort package, leather, power moonroof.

i also saw this additional sheet on a protege in the showroom as well.

i thought it was a typo, so i asked the salesman, and he said that the"appearance package" was worth $895. i laughed and walked away.

i was just wondering if anyone else has seen this...or if this is the only dealership that charges that much for something that would seem at most to be like $50-100.

btw, it was the rosenthal mazda in tysons corner (dc metro area).

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

firstly....the hell with rosentthal mazda in tysons....they are TERRIBLE! in fact, by all means, do not go through them! They screwed me over a while ago, and since then, i tell everyone to avoid them!!!! Anyways, walk out the door, say the hell with you, and give a big F U to the sales manager there! And kick him in the nuts while you're at it. As far as good dealerships are concerned...i've heard good about Browns Mazda in Fairfax. I personally bought through Rosenthal Mazda in Arlington. Ask for Neddal...real nice guy, real soft spoken, and tell him yasir recommended you. they'll treat you right...at least they did me.

-Yasir

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

Originally posted by rokee8

the appearance package on this car was not the sport package or additions to make it look like it had the sport package (side sills, spoiler, front air dam, 17" alloy wheels, etc....)and it wasn't the chrome additions either.  

it was on another sheet next to the original sticker sheet.  it said "dealer add-ons" and under it..it specifically said "appearance package:  pinstripes, fabric care, door guards, and one other insignificant thing   $895"

the original sticker sheet had the options: sport package, comfort package, leather, power moonroof.

i also saw this additional sheet on a protege in the showroom as well.

i thought it was a typo, so i asked the salesman, and he said that the"appearance package" was worth $895.  i laughed and walked away.

i was just wondering if anyone else has seen this...or if this is the only dealership that charges that much for something that would seem at most to be like $50-100.

btw, it was the rosenthal mazda in tysons corner (dc metro area).[/b]
Im willing to bet that those options are some dealer add-on bullshit. I mean.. fabric care?? door guards? That's nothing but "convenience" features, if you can even call them that.

The Appearance package according to Mazda is what adds on the extra body stuff. This means that Rosenthal might have their own idea of an appearance package. Especially since you say it was listed on a Protege as well. But please don't confuse mazda's package with Rosenthal's.

I think this is very confusing and frustrating to customers (as we can see by this thread) and maybe it's something that is borderline deceptive practices. Atleast you asked here and didn't get duped. My advice is to go to another dealer, maybe after you tell the dealer he was full of shit to pass that car as the mazda appearance package and THEN charge the appearance package price!!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

agreed....definitely tell them how badly their dealership sux. I've already written letters to MazdaUsa about them, and complained about them to the customer service hotline. The only good thing about the dealership is that it's in conjunction with a Nissan and an Infiniti dealership, so you get the free eyecandy of a 350z, murano, and a g35 coupe=).

-yasir

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Originally posted by imammy

firstly....the hell with rosentthal mazda in tysons....they are TERRIBLE!  in fact, by all means, do not go through them!  They screwed me over a while ago, and since then, i tell everyone to avoid them!!!!  Anyways, walk out the door, say the hell with you, and give a big F U to the sales manager there!  And kick him in the nuts while you're at it.  As far as good dealerships are concerned...i've heard good about Browns Mazda in Fairfax.  I personally bought through Rosenthal Mazda in Arlington.  Ask for Neddal...real nice guy, real soft spoken, and tell him yasir recommended you.  they'll treat you right...at least they did me.

-Yasir[/b]
Browns Mazda in Fairfax deals with pre-negotiated pricing from buying services. I had a damn good price with them, about $200 over invoice but I opted not to wait until June/July for delivery. Damn 5spd 6s w/ sport package in lapis blue is too rare. :p

Rokee, use something like Yahoo Autos to get an invoice price on a 6 in the configuration you want, tack on about $200, and take that price to Browns in Fairfax and tell them you know they honor this price with buying services. They just might sell at that price.

·
Registered
517 Posts
'Appearance package' = 'Dealer profit addition package'

This sort of thing is specially designed for one purpose: To generate more profit for the dealership. Not that they don't deserve to make a profit, but this "package" is just fluff the dealership pays pennies for. Want fabric treatment? Save $890 and buy a can of Scotch Guard. :sarc

Unfortunately, some dealerships do stuff like this to almost every vehicle on the lot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts