Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got done tuning my car today with the Apexi safc 2 and went from 176whp and 167 wtq to 195whp and 187wtq. All of these numbers were done on a mustang dyno so the numbers are goin to be lower than if I were to use a dynojet. The power adding mods I have are AEM cold air intake, a custom 2.5 inch exhaust, and the Apexi unit. Im goin to put a grounding kit and ground each coil also to see if they might put me over 200whp.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Nice numbers! Do you have the dyno sheet? Would've liked to see a true intake system tuned up like an Injen or CP-E. You would've probably hit 200WHP
[/b]
Well since he is using the Apexi SAFC he doesn't need the Maf Customizer from CPE.

Be sure to post your dyno sheet.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
yep you might have gained that 5hp with the 3" intake though but i doubt it. maybe 2-4.

·
Registered
412 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It should work on your car. The one I have has a couple more features and more points to tune at. I have all the wiring diagrams from mazda and where which wire needs to go to wire in the safc if anyone needs it.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Yea, but he can still just buy the CP-E intake pipe
[/b]
Oic, I didn't know you could buy just the intake pipe from CPE.

Still don't think it would be worth the price to upgrade his AEM for such a minimal gain. You might want to buy some headers. And then get it retuned. That would be nice. That is my long term plan, except I'll be using Unichip.

How much does the Apex SAFC sell for?

·
Registered
412 Posts
It should work on your car. The one I have has a couple more features and more points to tune at. I have all the wiring diagrams from mazda and where which wire needs to go to wire in the safc if anyone needs it.
[/b]
I'd be grateful if you could post that up or send it to me.

·
Registered
412 Posts
just the tuning I imagine... I think the connection itself should be the same.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I paid $280 for it and $280for the wideband. I tried the unichip and it didnt work for my car. My car just didnt want to work with it. The tech guys at unichip are great, they did everything they could to help me. It came down to me having to drive to one of the cutom tuners they have but thats over 3.5 hours away so they gave me my money back. I can check on the wiring for the 4 banger and see if it is the same.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thats why I tried it first, because I had heard so many good things about it. Its ok Im am getting ready to start on my own cutoms turbo kit for my 6s just need a couple more things and I can start working.

·
Registered
603 Posts
ahh i see another fellow 6er got a SAFC II :) i guess im not the only one! how do you like it? and how long did they take to to dyno tune it properly? mines took 1 hour or so...but im going to go back to do some more work to it. anyways give me some details! where did you mount it?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
how do you like it? and how long did they take to to dyno tune it properly? mines took 1 hour or so...but im going to go back to do some more work to it. anyways give me some details! where did you mount it?
[/b]
I love it. I can really feel the difference. It didnt take lone at all because I had done most of the tuning myself. I just had them finish it up. I mounted it on the steering column right behind they wheel. It only blocks below 1000 rpm but its only below that at idle and I can see all the way till red line. I had to bend the mounting tab alittle .

1 - 20 of 26 Posts