Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to my parents house today and changed my oil and installed my Apexcone Slimline 55w 4500k HIDs. I decided to remove the upbeam reflector, and I love how much light it gives + how crisp it is on the road.

[attachment=40770:DSC008872.jpg]

Even though I purchased the brightest/whitest ones, it still matches my "white" LEDs almost perfectly.

Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
QUOTE (CCStooge @ Jan 31 2009, 07:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1512479
Went to my parents house today and changed my oil and installed my Apexcone Slimline 55w 4500k HIDs. I decided to remove the upbeam reflector, and I love how much light it gives + how crisp it is on the road.

[attachment=40770:DSC008872.jpg]

Even though I purchased the brightest/whitest ones, it still matches my "white" LEDs almost perfectly.

Thoughts?[/b]
What do you mean by "remove the upbeam reflector"?

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
QUOTE (Business @ Feb 3 2009, 10:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1514218
If you're the kind of jackass that doesn't spend the time to properly aim after the install, then sure, but even halogens can blind.[/b]
+1 If properly aimed you remain at a great enough distance that the light is weaker when it is a drivers eye level. It isn't that bad. Just after installing my 55 watters I was at a parking lot down the street with my car aiming my lights. Some neighbor there had called the cops to look into what I was doing. When they showed up I had tape all over the wall and was elbows deep in the engine bay. They stopped and bull shitted for a few about how nice the output/cutoff was and said good night. I have had no issues since.

The worst is the Fin tuners that throw hids in the incorrect housings or dont even know they can aim their lights.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Ouch, I've never touched the aiming on my headlights ever since I got my car. I wonder how many drivers I've pissed off :laugh:

·
Registered
481 Posts
probably no more then the people that aim them. People are overly sensitive about the whole aim/retrofit thing. I didn't touch any of the aiming either. I was going to after reading posts about how bad the cut off was but once I seen it was a non issue I left it. In reality its more of someone wanting to mod there car and justify doing it. The cut off on mine is fine and no one complains about "blinding" light. Can see for your self, just go turn your car on and hop in a different car and drive towards it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts