Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
i'm not using HID's but i have found that the piaa spark 8000k's match well with other hid kits i've seen on friends cars. i myself plan on taking out my low beam spark's in a few months for some 8000k hid's.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
go retrofit with a pair of ece projectors and then get the apexcone hid with d2s bulbs.you will not be dissappointed. and go with spark 8000k's for the h3's.they match perfectly.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
that would be them,I bought mine from bumpin blazer on this forum,but you can get them in the states from eautoworks.com,they may cost a bit more but they will get to you in 5 days and then you don't have to wait for them to come from asia.I will get some pics up for you on the color match to my hid's.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
i'm still quite glad you like the h3's man ;). if only they made h11's :(. i had to use luminacs or however you spell it in a 6000k in my fog's :(.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
fogs are not on in that pic,but that is what color they are.they match perfectly to the hid's.I do not have any good pics of them looking at the front,so i will get them tonight when i get off work from the bar and post them tomorrow at lunch.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
here is 2 pics shot a little bit ago with a cheap camera,doesn't do this set up justice at all.I will take pics tonight.

and another

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
here is 2 pics shot a little bit ago with a cheap camera,doesn't do this set up justice at all.I will take pics tonight.

and another
[/b]

When you changing out the 194's'....it looks tons better with a set of hyper whites in place of those awful lookin yellow ones

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
I have commented on another thread.I ordered a set of supernova blue leds from autolumination.They are the ones with the heatsink built in.I will be the guinea pig to see if those leds will hold up to the heat in the headlight housings.If not i will stick with incadescent bulbs.
And on a personal note,I actually like the yellow bulbs for 194's as opposed to hyperwhites,had those in there before and didn't like them with my combo of lows/fogs/highs.
But everyone has their own style and opinion.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the pics djquik. So the Apexcone 6000K HID and the Spark 8000K for the fogs is the best setup? And I won't have any problems with them or anything?

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
If you want the 6000k for color,I have an 8000k apexcone 35w kit in mine with a retrofit on the projectors and I have D2S bulbs instead of H1's.I would highly recommend spending the extra $100 if you are going hid and do a retrofit.My setup puts out more light than a new 6 with factory hid.If i am not mistaken,I am the first one to use the apexcone hid with a projector retrofit.check out this thread

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=46591

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah I think I'm just gonna stick with the HID and the Spark 8000K. I just wanted to make sure there were no problems or anything with this setup.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was just reading thru some threads and it seems that people prefer the 5000K HID rather than the 6000K one. Is the 6000K like too bright? And is the only difference between the two basically just the color of the light? Like blue and purple.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
It can get confusing with the K color charts when PIAA 8000K say blue .... then 6000K purple ApexCone .... 5000K Apexcone Blue again .... and your first link with your 6000K Apex ; the PIAA 4000K Purple :headscrat:

Take your pick on the color hue you want ....

Personally I would go H1 or better yet retro D2S 5000K Apex 50W (Bright White w/hint blue hue) + Spark 8000K PIAA + 194 PIAA that match in bright white w/hint blue hue (don't know which 194 for the halo effect and reliability - stay away from LEDs ! IMO)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts