Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Good question. I doubt it as they lock the maps after they pro-tune them. You could definitely have them set FFS and LC to your liking, but I don't think you could change it yourself. You could ask them if they would cut you a couple different maps for LC and FFS at no extra charge (takes 1 minute) beforehand. I've seen most people run 4,100-4,600 for LC, and FFS everywhere from 5,000-6,700. I have my LC set to 4,200 rpms and my FFS set to 5,300 rpms. I put 5,300 because I want the revs to drop a bit during my shift so they don't have to "slow down" as much when I shift before they come back up. I couldn't tell you more because my car has been fucked up for like 2 months now, so I haven't had the chance to try it out!! I'd ask them first... I'm sure if you were like "oh yeah, and I may need to play around with LC and FFS after the tune... will you adjust these for me, and email me the new map? I'd be surprised if they wanted to charge you or gave you any grief. Where are you going for your pro-tune? When are you getting all the stuff installed??

Reactions: flightmedic

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
It depends on which version AccessTuner they use. If ATPro, then no you can't access, but you can ask them to tune via your ATR and be fine.

Reactions: flightmedic

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where are you going for your pro-tune? When are you getting all the stuff installed??
Starting to install some stuff now. Going to efi logics in CT for a protune.

It depends on which version AccessTuner they use. If ATPro, then no you can't access, but you can ask them to tune via your ATR and be fine.
Thats what I figured. They tune with Accesstuner Pro... I guess I could just have them set the values that I want and hope for the best lol...

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Starting to install some stuff now. Going to efi logics in CT for a protune.
I'd go to Akhuma in NJ for a pro-tune if I were to get one. Glad to hear you're starting to install some of those goodies!

Thats what I figured. They tune with Accesstuner Pro... I guess I could just have them set the values that I want and hope for the best lol...
Definitely ask if they'll cut you a few "extra" maps for free if you want to fiddle with the LC/FFS. Or, just ask for everyone settings, and have them cut you like 5 maps with various settings. It honestly takes 1 minute to adjust those few tables and cut a new map. The only reason why they wouldn't is if they have to pay a "per map" fee to Cobb, but I highly doubt that.

ALSO, Don't forget to have them set "LC Vehicle Speed Limiter" to a low mph (5~10 mph) so LC automatically turns off BEFORE you hit your launch control rev limiter of 4,100. This speed limiter shuts off LC at whatever speed you choose. If you choose 30mph for example (don't do that, lol), your car would keep the rev limter at 4,100 until you hit 30mph so you'd be bumming! lol I have mine set to 9mph I think.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
With ATPro they can set the read/write rights to allow for editing in ATR. All of the maps I have are "ProTUNER" maps including the beta OTS maps I did with Christian and my custom dyno tune maps I did with Tim and I can edit all in ATR.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd go to Akhuma in NJ for a pro-tune if I were to get one. Glad to hear you're starting to install some of those goodies!
Chris the tuner from EFI comes highly recommended by christian at cobb. One of the best AP tuners in the country. He worked with christian on the AP and the mazda platform. I haven't really heard much about akhuma and Jersey is a haul lol...

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Chris the tuner from EFI comes highly recommended by christian at cobb. One of the best AP tuners in the country. He worked with christian on the AP and the mazda platform. I haven't really heard much about akhuma and Jersey is a haul lol...
I'm not familiar with the one in CT, but I've heard the one in NJ is the best on the east coast. Ask superskates about Akhuma(sp?! lol), he knows all about those guys. I'll see how you make out in CT, and if things are go great, I'll go there as well... NJ is a hike! It's usually $500 for your first pro-tune, and $300 for follow ups (added breather mods, need it retuned, etc). We can both get 25% off here. You go get yours tuned, then a couple weeks later we'll swap plates, and you say you changed your set up, and need it re-tuned for $300, lol. We can split the cost, and save 25%, lol.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Does the AP have Launch control and FFS the same as a WOT box would have or is it worth getting a 2 step WOT box even tho ill have an AP eventually.
Sorry for the thread jack

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Does the AP have Launch control and FFS the same as a WOT box would have or is it worth getting a 2 step WOT box even tho ill have an AP eventually.
From what I just read on SU's site about the "WOT box w/ full throttle shift & 2-step launch control" the AP does the exact same thing. Unless someone knows something else about the WOT box? I read the whole thing, and it sounds identical. Def don't waste $200 on that, when for a few Benjies more you can get an AP :)

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Hmmm, many questions in one sentence. Ok,

1) Yes, the AP has LC and FFS

2) No it isn't the same as WOT Box

3) No, it isn't worth getting the WOT box if you're planning for an AP

4) I have both because I bought the WOT/2Step Box way before the AP was available. The WOT box works simply by splicing into the ignition coil power wires and interrupting the coils when activated. It WILL foul the cat(s), spark plugs, increase piston ring wear due to fuel dillution, etc. if used a LOT. The dumbass kids that like to hear the popping and banging while it is functioning at WOT at a stoplight or making a vid for UToob seem to have the most "problems". All said though, it works very well for the intended purpose.

5) The AP works by using the "normal" ECU rev-limiting functions which employ fuel cut, scheduled spark cut, etc. and is MUCH easier on the engine. I still have my WOT box wired in, but never use it anymore. I don't use the AP LC or FFS much either....

Reactions: triplejumper18

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not familiar with the one in CT, but I've heard the one in NJ is the best on the east coast. Ask superskates about Akhuma(sp?! lol), he knows all about those guys. I'll see how you make out in CT, and if things are go great, I'll go there as well... NJ is a hike! It's usually $500 for your first pro-tune, and $300 for follow ups (added breather mods, need it retuned, etc). We can both get 25% off here. You go get yours tuned, then a couple weeks later we'll swap plates, and you say you changed your set up, and need it re-tuned for $300, lol. We can split the cost, and save 25%, lol.
20% Mr. math man lol...

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
20% Mr. math man lol...
Duhhhh, LOL @ me!! That's funny shit, haha. I was using my abacus but a couple beads must have fallen off. It's still a good grift though!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts