Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i installed the ap yesterday on my car, im assuming i did it wrong because now my car is parked at target and wont start. I just plugged it in and followed instructions, tried to upload the stage 1 + sf map. I believe i saved the stock map but never flashed a new map onto the ecu? please help any cell phone numbers would be great as i could just call and get help over the phone much quicker

thanks guys

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I got your msg, but I've never seen this before. I've heard of some unlucky folks having their ECU's get "Bricked" (means you're fucked), but that is rare, and I THINK only happened with older AP's, but I don't know. If you opted to save the "stock" map, that alone takes 30 minutes or so to complete. After you save the "stock" maps, future map flashes take appox 2-3 minutes tops. There are a few key cycles you have to do... iirc, after the new map flashes you have to turn the key to the "off" position, and wait for 5-10 seconds, and then turn the key back to the "ON" position, and it will say "clearing active DTCs," and then it will say "you've sucessfully changed your map" (or something like that), and "Please turn key to the OFF position to complete." Perhaps you tried turning the car on before the last step?

What happends when you turn the key to the "ON" position with the AP connected?

The only way I can see it being a big problem is if you either turned off the power when saving the stock map, but I doubt that. Or the plug to the AP came disconnected during the process.

Saving the stock map, and flashing a new map takes considerable time the first time, which is why they say to make sure you have a FULL battery charge. Was the radio, A/C, lights or anything else on?

How do you know it's not the battery??? That is most likely the culprit. You can still get power to lights and the AP with a dead battery. It happened to me last week when I left a map light on. The dash lights turned on, but i didn't even get a 'click' from turning the key. I then noticed the map light, and was like "D'oh!"

If your are SURE that you did the whole process correctly, I would try getting a jump start first.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Yeah, if its still your stock battery, I bet that is the culprit. In order to flash a new map, which takes a while, you'll need a good charge. I know my old battery didn't last long after I got my AP and started flashing maps.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
I agree with prince and Doug. But I'm confused. You did or didn't upload a map? And you drove the car after you tried, I assume (Target)?

What happens when you try to crank it? I think you should pull the battery and have it checked.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
get this.....i was using the valet key and it messed up the "key programming
" mazda said, so i had to pay 60 dollars for a new key....

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Lol wut?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts