Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend, I took my car in for my first oil change and I requested the "recall" to be done on my car. When I got my car back, the oil was changed and the service record said "recall" work completed... WTF does that mean? No sticker on the door or inside the hood and no change in the car's behavior. I'm assuming no reflash done. I just assumed recall = reflash.

So, I'm looking for a Mazdaspeed dealer between New Brunswick, NJ - New Haven, CT that can do the reflash with proof (sticker/driving difference). I'll be happier knowing I have the ECU reflashed at least.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm going to take my Speed to Open Road Mazda in East Brunswick to check for the reflash. My original dealership where I bought the car said it was done but no stickers under hood or in the doors. I don't really trust them...

·
Registered
320 Posts
You could always try Wayne. I have no idea if they will give you any proof, but as far as trusting them - I do.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
I bought and went to Open Mazda. I did a reflash before the recall. I have the service ticket with a new flash number. I went back for a CEL and to do the recall with the latest update. The service ticket didn't cite the recall and no sticker. You could try Sansone, Rt1 and tell the mgr that you came out for some of the Tue meets at their during the summer. Write back if they are good. I would love to do a DP and Whiteline RSB or find a repectable tuner shop.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
the reflash IS a recall...so if it said it was done- i would guess thats it.
[/b]
I think the reflash done was not the latest reflash number because I did the reflash 2~3 months prior to the recall campaign. In any case, I have yet to experience a powerloss.

·
Registered
23 Posts
hey im from the new haven area. i bought my car from Lee Partyka in Hamden which is right out side of new haven. i got the reflash and i dont like how the power feels after

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey im from the new haven area. i bought my car from Lee Partyka in Hamden which is right out side of new haven. i got the reflash and i dont like how the power feels after
[/b]
Please PM me, I can set you up with Open Road Mazda in East Brunswick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts