Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have an 05 Mazda 6i ATX 2.3L

My front left brake is squealing like nothing else. I dont know what the piece is called, I think its called a brake caliper clip? its the thing where the pads sit ontop of. A piece of it broke and it is scraping against the rotor.

My description isnt too fancy because i dont know how to describe it.

heres a pic

of what im talking about.

That little shim/clip metal piece towards top, the bottom one is removed. I want to replace it (already have the part) but i dont want to bleed the brakes.

possible?

·
Registered
403 Posts
QUOTE (2wiced @ Jan 12 2010, 04:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1629299
Hi Guys,

I have an 05 Mazda 6i ATX 2.3L

My front left brake is squealing like nothing else. I dont know what the piece is called, I think its called a brake caliper clip? its the thing where the pads sit ontop of. A piece of it broke and it is scraping against the rotor.

My description isnt too fancy because i dont know how to describe it.

heres a pic

of what im talking about.

That little shim/clip metal piece towards top, the bottom one is removed. I want to replace it (already have the part) but i dont want to bleed the brakes.

possible?[/b]
The only time you need to bleed the brakes is if you open the brake line, bleeding wont be necessary if your just replacing a shim.

·
Registered
181 Posts
However, the fluid should be changed every two years, and is very easy to do. Just never let the master run out!
If nothing else, crack the bleeders, let gravity do its job, and keep topping the master as it drains out until new fluid is coming out the caliper.

In general, people let the fluid stay in a car WAY to long, and it leads to other problems, corrosion, and air bubbles.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just make sure there's no tension on your brake line. Get some wire and hang the caliper so it isn't just dangling from the brake line

1 - 4 of 4 Posts