Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using tired with load index of 95 on their Mazda 6?

how is the ride compare to 93's? (original load index)

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,547 Posts
My Yokos have a Load Index of 95, and I've noticed NO degradation of ride or noise due to the higher number.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a 5-door 2008. My two sets of tires have that 95 load rating (standard 17" size): Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3 for winter (V rated) and Continental ExtremeContact DW for summer (Z rated). They ride better, smoother, and quieter than the original Michelins; in every way, they're superior. Same 32 PSI.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I have Sumo HTR's lll with a 95 load rating, and they ride much better than my crappy stock Mich.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Just today I installed a set of Yokohama Avid Envigors with a 95V load rating. I've only done a 20 minute test ride, but I think they're going to kick ass.

TireRack.com's own test comments, as well as user reviews warn of harsh ride. Well, the BF Goodrich g-force SS A/S I took-off must have been made of concrete because the Yokohamas are far less harsh on bumps, but they feel stiffer on my daily freeway on-ramp.

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,547 Posts
Just today I installed a set of Yokohama Avid Envigors with a 95V load rating. I've only done a 20 minute test ride, but I think they're going to kick ass.

TireRack.com's own test comments, as well as user reviews warn of harsh ride. Well, the BF Goodrich g-force SS A/S I took-off must have been made of concrete because the Yokohamas are far less harsh on bumps, but they feel stiffer on my daily freeway on-ramp.
Didn't you just buy the BFGs? How many miles did you get out of them?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Didn't you just buy the BFGs? How many miles did you get out of them?
I put the BFG's on in April 08, and put right at 36,000 on them. Now, if I would have taken care of a couple of alignment issue when I should have, I would have easily got more miles out of them. But, I screwed around and left it for too long with too much camber and wore the insides.

I couldn't pass-up the Yokohama's. People love the freakin' things. Other than some buffoon on Tire Rack who thinks his Magnum is a race car, people have great things to say about them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts