Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a little out of subject, but has anyone ever written a cover letter and pieced together an invoice price sheet including all packages and options, holdbacks and rebates, etc. and faxed them to all the dealers (fleet managers in particular) within a few hundred miles to start a bidding "price war" between dealers? What are your experiences?

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Reading Topic: Anyone tried the

No, but I did go to 5 dealers in my search.

I was on S-Plan though.

Mazda dealers are really not the most helpful dealers out there. That being said, even with high demand cars they really won't walk away from a sale. Your problem is that you want a not-readily available car... not too many dealers you're going to find htem at to bid against each other. But if you do get a couple offers, yeah you can tell them "someone else offered me this." No garuntees, but it couldn't hurt.

·
Registered
341 Posts

I did it sorta, but it was over phone and email and the first fleet manager I talked to gave me the price I wanted (not much over invoice). So I didn't go to too much trouble after that.

·
Registered
652 Posts

Email here too......but none had the car I wanted.
Then, a week later, one emailed me back and said they had the exact car I was asking about in their Allocation and that I could put a deposit down....the rest is history.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts