Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was searching for a sport grill for my 06'(the hollow one not the non badge one) and I found this front bumper. I personally think it looks hot anyone else have an opinion? http://www.ath-hinsberger.com/e/frame2e.htm

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
ATH is incredibly expensive and incredible expensive to ship. By the time you got the bumper to the US and painted, you'd spend over $2000 on a front bumper alone.
[/b]
what a shame that is, i don't really like the look that much... especially when considering the price! :huh:

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ATH is incredibly expensive and incredible expensive to ship. By the time you got the bumper to the US and painted, you'd spend over $2000 on a front bumper alone.
[/b]
damn shipping and painting will cost 1300 bucks? i mean it's only 720 us dollars so 1300 to ship and paint that's more than i'd pay. i mean it's more than i'd pay anyway but it looks hot.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
damn shipping and painting will cost 1300 bucks? i mean it's only 720 us dollars so 1300 to ship and paint that's more than i'd pay. i mean it's more than i'd pay anyway but it looks hot.
[/b]
You are looking at about $1000 for prep, paint, and fit. And shipping will be $300+, so yes.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
I wasn't aiming as high as $1000 for paint/prep, but I wouldn't be surprised if you had to pay that much either. Figure at least $500-700. But shipping will probably be more than $300 and if you want the foglights they show, you'll need to spend another $400, plus another $150 for the center mesh. Your $700 bumper now costs $1200, needs to be shipped to the tune of let's say $300 to make it an even $1500, and the needs to be fit, prepped, and painted to the tune of at least $500 -- that's a minimum of $2000 which could easily end up being another $500+ on top of that.

I've learned that when it comes to body stuff, take whatever you think it's going to cost and double that. That's probably the minimum that it will end up costing you in the end. And more than that if you figure in maintenance. I'm not sure if ATH stuff is fiber or not, for those prices I hope not, but if it is you'll need to set ahead at least a few hundred a year to fix damage to the fiberglass.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
paint/maint. i don't have to pay anything other than paint as the shop i use is my shop and we have a full paint booth ;). so i'd pay for paint but i'd do the rest with my friend who owes me a ton of body work for what i've done for him. either way, i'm not dropping 2k on a bumper just thought it looked hot lol. i'll get something else eventually.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
looks good but would never spend 3k on anything like that. ESPECIALLY JUST A FRONT bumper. A 3k kit [after all is said an done] might be a different story, but still is a little pricey. My old ralliarts was $1500 for paint+and the kit. I did the install my self though because it was going to save me some dough. I just had them paint. The kit was already primered to... (It was from RRM which is an associate of CarbonTrix) i know they sell some stuff for the mazda and i would recomend them to anyone if you purchase through them.

EDIT: that rear skirt is badass though. The lip is pretty nice to..

DOUBLE EDIT!!! WOOT!!: i think the skirt + front LIP + rear bumper / lip wat ever it is, would make a bad ass combo. That would be about $2227.20 shipped (that is including 400 shipping which is an estimation) If you had someone paint it with out install, You could prolly get the kit 3k give or take $200 (if you installed yourself)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts