Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new owner here who has been creepin on the site since march when i picked up my 06 ms6 sport. Lookin into getting some new rubber on my car, I seem to like all I have read about the Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110. I was wondering if anyone out there had any sort of luck with those.
I'm trying to stay around the 100/per tire cause I'm gonna have to buy winter tires here in a few months. Any suggestions on any tires too? Thanks guys

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
I haven't seen much mentioned here about them, but on other Mazda forums they are very highly regarded. Alot of people have had great success with them. I haven't had any experience myself, but know they are well liked and a good value high performance tire. Sorry I can't help more.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I run kumho spts, cheap and handle well.
About $85 each on tirerack.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have 225/45/18s on my 6S. I like them. The ride isn't much harder than my OEM and the grip is definitely better than my OEM of course!

Definitely good if road noise is an issue for you because these tires are quiet for performance oriented summer tires.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Hankook was rated real high in a recent magazine comparison.

I was never really impressed with older Hankook tires but it appears that they have really stepped it up over Nexen and Kumho. Even over a lot of Japanese and US tire makers.

The Kumhos were still highly regarded but the Hankooks were substantially better in most catagories. Unfortunately they didn't test Nexen but Nexen was fairly well regarded in several European car forums. (very suprising!)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm running the Hankooks. I just bought my car in the beginning of June and they came on the car. Therefore I have nothing else to compare them to, but they've performed great for me so far.

·
Registered
295 Posts
lots of people run the hankook and love them. i did not want a directional tire so i didnt get them . i decided on goodyear eagle gts stock ms6 size. i like them, good grip in all weather conditions thus far. got about 5k miles on them.

when i researched i narrowed my choices to hankook v12, eagle gt , and continental extreme contact dws but they were on back order so.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lots of people run the hankook and love them. i did not want a directional tire so i didnt get them . i decided on goodyear eagle gts stock ms6 size. i like them, good grip in all weather conditions thus far. got about 5k miles on them.
I have read some reports about the side wall's splitting on the eagle gts. Sort of took me away from them.. I take it you have not had any problems with that problem?

·
Registered
523 Posts
I run the Hankook V12 and they are very good , i run on the track and they perform like a charm . Grip is good on rain too .

·
Registered
295 Posts
im sure they are good reasons for them to do that. probably doing something wrong like improper inflation etc but so far ive had no problems and i like em

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
+1 on the eagle gt

I'm running 225/45 18, and they're wide for a 225. They have great rim protection. They can be rotated from side to side as well as front to rear so they should stay quiet a bit longer, and they have an aggressive looking tread pattern as well.

The Floridian in me also points out they work great in the rain.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+GT

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hey guys, new owner here who has been creepin on the site since march when i picked up my 06 ms6 sport. Lookin into getting some new rubber on my car, I seem to like all I have read about the Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110. I was wondering if anyone out there had any sort of luck with those.
I'm trying to stay around the 100/per tire cause I'm gonna have to buy winter tires here in a few months. Any suggestions on any tires too? Thanks guys

I have the Hankook Ventus Rs-2 on my mazdaspeed 6 currently. Originally they were on my 2000 Honda Prelude. They grip like hell, but wear pretty fast. Two Summers and they are almost gone. However recently I found out that they perform not so well on the mazda in the rain while pushing it around a corner. I don't know about the v12, but if they are anything like the RS-2 the road noise might drive you insane if you have a quiet car. i didn't notice much in my Prelude because it's a loud car, but the mazda is still stock and quiet and the tires are very loud.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Go with Yokahama. I have S-Drives and completely love them. But the are a max summer tire

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
I just bought some Dunlop SP Sport Signatures at 235/35/18. I've been running this tire size for two previous sets of tires without any problems. For whatever reason these motherfuckers rubbed LIKE CRAZY. The rear pass side tire was chewed and sliced to oblivion. I had to have my fenders rolled and they still rub. Going to have to go back and see if I can one up the horrendous roll job (it was free) to get rid of rubbing. BTW, I run a +50 et wheel. Yeah. Not even that aggressive.

So, just a reminder that different tire manufacturers can fuck you on rubbing.

·
Registered
806 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
I have the Hankook V4ES and am very happy for the price.. :cool:
I heard last night at the meet from the Cobb guys you got an AP.

Now put the TMIC on and get Calvin at Cobb to tune the car for you! :D

Sorry for the hijack.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I lubs ma dunlaps...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts