Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone run 8000k hid's on the street and have any law enforcement issues?

·
Registered
56 Posts
No problems here. Knock on wood.

And I have pulled up beside cops, behind them and drove on the opposite side of the road so my lights were shining in their face. Nothing. But that's just my experience, other people on here have different stories.

Good luck to you if you decide to get them.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you happen to have any pics of your car?And are you running a 35w or 50w hid kit?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
they are kinda wierd to use when driving. They taint your vision on the road.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do they taint your vision if i may ask?This is the next mod i am doing and am looking for a blue light.I put some blue eurolite bulbs in my ex's grand prix and loved the color they cast.But i have only played with halogen bulbs.I have seen what i think is close to a 6000k on the bmw x5's and acura mdx's.they throw a white/purple cast coming down the road.i am also going with a apexcone race kit after talking with Donny at rpmstore.com just haven't for sure made up my mind on color.Any input is greatly appreciated,thanks in advance

·
Registered
344 Posts
How do they taint your vision if i may ask?This is the next mod i am doing and am looking for a blue light.I put some blue eurolite bulbs in my ex's grand prix and loved the color they cast.But i have only played with halogen bulbs.I have seen what i think is close to a 6000k on the bmw x5's and acura mdx's.they throw a white/purple cast coming down the road.i am also going with a apexcone race kit after talking with Donny at rpmstore.com just haven't for sure made up my mind on color.Any input is greatly appreciated,thanks in advance
[/b]
I sell kits from 4300k, all the way to 15000k. You loose lots of light up around 10,000 and above. You wont get stopped for using them if they are aimed correctly. Also, they do not taint your vision, I do not know what he is talking about, however it is a deeper blue, keep in mind halogens are nothing like HIDs so I would stay around 6000k for a light blue look, but no further than 8000k(deeper blue). its just too ricey, and you cannot see anything when its dark and rainy

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
When I said that they taint your vision, 06maz kinda got where I was going. They are a VERY deep blue and make everything look VERY blue. When you get out of the car your eyes take a while to adjust. I'd stick to 6000k

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
had 8000k's in my fog's and my headlight housing in my 98' dakota for 9 months. loved them to death as i liked the color. just get 12000K headlights you'll love em'. j/k

·
Registered
304 Posts
i've seen a 6 w/ 12000k or 13000k on the street, there was hardly any reflection of light from the ground, it was pitiful...and purple.

·
Registered
222 Posts
i have XTEC's 50 watt 8000k kit, they are awwwwwesome and i havent had any problems at all with them. the color is perfect, very noticeable (by other drivers) during the day and briiiiiiight blue at night.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Here are pics of mine. I've never had a problem with cops. Last I heard, They where no longer illegal. As long as the application was installed correctly or whatever (To avoid glare to other drivers). I have never felt blind. I actaully feel blind when I drive the GF's grand am with dull normal headlights.

But I've been pulled over a few times for tint and crap. Nothing was ever said about my headlights. and I have passed several cops without even getting a second glance.

You may not get as high of an output of light as you would with a 4500k kit. But, it's still signifigantly brighter then stock. MY headlights engulf normal headlights if a car pulls next to me. I've noticed. I havn't had problems with deer freezing in the road either. They take off running when i come across one in the road instead, Weather that has anything to do with the lights I don't know lol.

I've also noticed where people will stare hardcore at my lights when they are next to me. a few people almos thad their heads all the way out of their windows starring at them so hard lol. I've had several people comment on liking the look on the 6 too.

I would suggest that 8000k be the HIGHEST you go though. no matter what. That's getting pretty high on the extreme blue color while still getting much better the stock light output. Defiently no where near as bright as a lower lumine HID bulb though. But you can also buy lower K bulbs any time too.

Sorry i don't have better pics. I tend to not take many pics of my car at night with the lights on. Overexposure and all, Maybe tonight I will go out and mess with some shots with my headlights on.

First pic is with them on in the middle of the day.

This one below is blurred from a zoom effect. but you can still see the light output just fine on the ground. The one above it is blurred. Because the photo was actaully of my dash not the light output. But hey it shows the light output too so I put it up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts