Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am waiting for delivery of my Maz6, which will have the stock radio (no Bose). Ultimately, I will accept nothing less than a quality aftermarket head unit. No LOC or other substitutes, please.

Has anyone replaced the head unit, either with a custom dash panel, or with an alternate location for the HU?

Any DIN dashboard kits out there yet for purchase, or on the drawing board?

Thanks for any info, as I am sure this will drive me nuts until I have a solution!

Mitch

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Reading Topic: Anyone replace the head unit yet?

I'm kind of stuck on the topic of changing out the head unit, I mean, as is, makes it quite hard for a thief to steal (Already had one person to try to break in into my car while I was at work).

If I go double DIN or really any aftermarket head unit, I want it to semi-match the center console, black against that silver just looks horrid. Now silver on silver.. a little better:

Match that blue with some blue LEDs in place of the red ones while I have the dash apart and I somewhat have that MPS interior down pat, with the exception of the blue Optitron gauges.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Reading Topic: Anyone replace the head unit yet?

The thief ran off, the alarm went off on the car, he didn't even get in. I didn't even think it was my car when I heard the alarm go off, one of my co-workers told me about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts