Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

What is this part called with the yellow smudge on it? It's to the left of the battery. Hose snapped when I was changing spark plugs.

·
Registered
2005 6S wagon 5MT
118 Posts
Coolant t, super super common. Best move is to replace it with a 90 degree battery elbow and bypass the small hose as it’s not really needed (just goes to the throttle body to prevent it from icing up in extreme conditions AFAIK). A lot of us have had them bypasses for a long time with no issue.

·
Registered
153 Posts
View attachment 244002
What is this part called with the yellow smudge on it? It's to the left of the battery. Hose snapped when I was changing spark plugs.
I got a replacement for it from Napa for a few dollars. I used an adjustable hose clamp to attach one of the hoses to it for some reason. I think it must not have been able to get big clamp on. That was several years ago and it hasn't given me any trouble since.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I used a brass fitting for a few bucks just to be sure. Never wanted to daal with that again.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Rally Racer
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon ATX
3,851 Posts
I used a brass fitting for a few bucks just to be sure. Never wanted to daal with that again.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Yes brass FTW. I put a PVC elbow in there as a temporary fix to get my wife to work. I forgot about it and a couple weeks later it didn't get her home from work... Dissolved. 🤦

·
Rally Racer
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon ATX
3,851 Posts
$5 plus a small screw to thread into the throttle body coolant hose.
Automotive lighting Automotive exhaust Cylinder Pipe Metal
OR
spend an additional $4 and drill/tap this 1/8 barbed fitting into the elbow above for a MUCH better than OE replacement.
Musical instrument Wood Cylinder Art Finial

1 - 7 of 7 Posts