Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't need to have the problem done. Just need to know the best way to do it. Any help would be appreciated.

A block is let go from the top of the left side. on the ends are quarter circle shape that are frictionless with the radius of 3 meters. The distance from A to B is 0.6 Meters with the coefficient of kinetic friction of .08

My profess said that the mass should cancel out when setting it up. That or i forgot to write it down but i am pretty sure that it cancels out.

-How many times does the block go back and forth
-Where does it stop from point A?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't really have time to solve the problem right now, but if i do, i'll send you the answer. As for right now, I'm pretty sure you would use conservation of energy.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I would give you the answer but then you wouldn't learn anything. Either that or I don't give a fuck and don't feel like working the problem out.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i figured it out after i realized that the ramps ont he side are frictionless so no energy is lost.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
If they are frictionless, you better hope it doesn't have enough energy to keep going off the ramps :p But yes, the only energy lost is between A and B.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
Mazda Gremlyn
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing