Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Mazda 6 sport auto with fog lights. They only come on when the headlights are on. How do I make the fog lights come on by themselfs withouts the headlights on?

I am assuming wiring will involved? If there a way to do it without cutting any wires that would be great? If not then then I let me know the wiring way?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Forscan. But then your DRL's will stay on all the time if you dont want them. If you dont care, then its no biggie. Let me clarify, youll trade your DRL's for your driving lights when the running lights or headlights are on. Its called "bambi" mode so that they stay on during high beams, but the side effect is you can no longer completely turn your DRL's off. On a 3 its annoying cause they use the headlights, on a 6, its the C lights so kinda cool.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forscan. But then your DRL's will stay on all the time if you dont want them. If you dont care, then its no biggie. Let me clarify, youll trade your DRL's for your driving lights when the running lights or headlights are on. Its called "bambi" mode so that they stay on during high beams, but the side effect is you can no longer completely turn your DRL's off. On a 3 its annoying cause they use the headlights, on a 6, its the C lights so kinda cool.
So the forscan app can do this? I can always remove the fuse or bulb for drl because I do not care about them. Infact I already removed the fuse for them.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do I program in forscan so I can either make the fog light turn on or off manuelly or to make them drl without headlight being on?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
You cant, you have to at least have the indicators/running lights on for the driving lights to turn on. You shouldnt pull the fuse for the DRL, it throws a code, you might not see the CEL, but its there in memory and when the dealer scans it, theyll see it, or youll see it with Forscan.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My 2015 Mazda 6 has 106,000 miles is way past warrenty, I just recently payed it off. I have nothing too lose in pulling out the fuse.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts