1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
189 Posts
bump, this sounds pretty interesting but can anyone say this will work? I have personally never heard of it before, some feedback would be appercaited :)

·
Registered
721 Posts
This does look very interesting. it's a multiple sensor maf/map skew piggy back using both narrow band and wideband 02 inputs, and claimed drive by wire compatibility. Check out the following links:

product brochure

Users Manual

You can even download the software

I'm gonna spend some time reading through these and playing around with the software. This does look like a very affordable situation. Let's all take a look at this and discuss it's potential for our application. I'm getting quite anxious to see what this is about.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Just downloaded the software, lots of options to play around with, Im really thinking about purchasing one of these. Someone has to have one of these or know something about them bump! What's the differnce between this and a Apexi SAFC?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 16x16 maps are what caught my attention. That's nice resolution.

Downside is there's no spark control at this point. But it is in development via an add-on module.

·
Registered
189 Posts
bah

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Seems like this is what we've been waiting for. But, how difficult would it be to figure out the stock settings, and then were to go from there?

·
Registered
721 Posts
according to the demographic poll, this board is filled with techies and engineers. Doesn't anyone else have some insight on this thing?

·
Registered
275 Posts
according to the demographic poll, this board is filled with techies and engineers. Doesn't anyone else have some insight on this thing?
[/b]
Hard to have insight on something you've never used or known anyone to use. I'd never heard of this thing until this thread.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Hard to have insight on something you've never used or known anyone to use. I'd never heard of this thing until this thread.
[/b]
Not insight on the actual product but the pursuit of fuel tuning. I meant based on the literature, does chasing a fuel delivery solution even seem like a worthwhile goal?

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
You really need A/F and timing control in an FI platform. Chasing a fuel tuning system is an excellent start, just remember the fuel delivery system of the speed6 is a bit different then your standard fare injection system. A low pressure pump, a high pressure pump, and injectors spraying @ nearly 1700 psi.

http://forum.mazda6tech.com/viewtopic.php?t=4213

Make sure whatever tuner is starting on the speed6, that they understand that it's not only a CAN system, but a direct injection system as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
crossbow
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing